• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your outfit for me to criticize.....

Harry Lean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
You post a pic, I tell you what I think. Not sure what there is to get.

Your analysis seems pretty amateur (you miss a lot of essential points on fit). l think l will pass on your offer.

Harry Lean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Monks should not have medallions.

Why not? Who says they shouldn't have medallions? l would be interested in a genuine answer.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't get it.

He asked for pictures of outfits and only get's pictures of "your outfit makes me want to vomit".

If I get it right (with reading the text) he wants to tell you the unpleasent truth about your good looking outfits?!

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harry Lean
Why not? Who says they shouldn't have medallions? l would be interested in a genuine answer.

Monks are named monks because of monks wore them. They had to be (like their living) simple. Are medallions simple??

Harry Lean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd
Sorry, I don't get it.

He asked for pictures of outfits and only get's pictures of "your outfit makes me want to vomit".

Yes, that is the joke. A joke thread gets joke replies.
tounge.gif

If I get it right (with reading the text) he wants to tell you the unpleasent truth about your good looking outfits?!

Yes that's right. A non tailor telling everyone how bad there outfits look. l don't get it either.
confused.gif

Harry Lean

Reaction score
Monks are named monks because of monks wore them. They had to be (like their living) simple. Are medallions simple??

Good explanation Mr Nerd. l still think some monks look good with a medallion. A rule stating that monk shoes should be plane in this day and age is not really relevant anymore.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good explanation Mr Nerd.

l still think some monks look good with a medallion. A rule stating that monk shoes should be plane in this day and age is not really relevant anymore.

Thanks.

Some like it classic, some like it fashioned forward. For some it is relevant, but I am fine with both (on Thurday I bought some pocketsquares for 10 Euros a piece. Then I came back on Friday to get another one. Then I saw a pair of Canali (CUOIO) double monks with captoe and thought they were several hundrets. With full retail they were 349 Euros. I tried them and it struck me, again. So last week it was a no for me. This week it is a yes to captoed double monks.
smile.gif
).

m_wave

Reaction score
removed as I've made a thread of my critique instead

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
As my cautionary and entertaining last post of the evening, I believe this is the single worst combination that I have worn in the last year...so many things are wrong...my only plea for mercy was this was something that I wore for hanging out at home during a Sunday morning...

But don't hold back, fellahs: attack!

282221402_aMpNh-XL.jpg

- B

Dangerously close to moose knuckle territory here
tounge.gif

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Your analysis seems pretty amateur (you miss a lot of essential points on fit). l think l will pass on your offer.

Yes, that is the joke. A joke thread gets joke replies.
tounge.gif

Yes that's right. A non tailor telling everyone how bad there outfits look. l don't get it either.
confused.gif

Good explanation Mr Nerd. l still think some monks look good with a medallion. A rule stating that monk shoes should be plane in this day and age is not really relevant anymore.
Your weak-ass game needs work. Not to fear, Styleforum has the solution.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
As my cautionary and entertaining last post of the evening, I believe this is the single worst combination that I have worn in the last year...so many things are wrong...my only plea for mercy was this was something that I wore for hanging out at home during a Sunday morning...

But don't hold back, fellahs: attack!

282221402_aMpNh-XL.jpg

- B

I've seen this look somewhere before ...

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/C..._12p.widec.jpg
070529_kimjong-ill_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
The tie is a Christmas special from Chipp. It reads "Bah Humbug."

FORSALE6813635141-1.jpg

FORSALE6813635621.jpg

FORSALE6813634952.jpg

I was too lazy to fasten the cuffs on the last one.

I'm glad you posted. Quick overview of the negatives, first two printed ties do nothing, I am not a fan of prints and I think for them to work the quality has to be very good and the design sharp. You can get away with a cheap woven but you cannot get away with a cheap print. I do not like striped odd jackets, might work in a more modern interpretation and with some details that distinguish it as an odd jacket. The second pocket square is also atrocious. But here is what I love about what you do and what is missing from a lot of posters outfits, your personality comes out in your dress. You have a style, you know what it is and how to apply it to your clothing. There are many outfits that I see on the fora that are tailored impeccably, have wonderful cloths but that have absolutely no style. We always here that fit trumpets all and I agree for the most part, but the clothing has to be alive when you wear it. Too much generic styling, we need more personality.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers
070529_kimjong-ill_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

Hmmmm...pitched heels....

Cleverley?

And this is a completely valid question: a hairdo like that bridges the gap between hair and hat.

Well, I guess that's not really a question, but let's not let dictional confusion invalidate its validity.

- B

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I'm glad you posted. ... I am ... odd ... I love ... you ... in your dress. ....

Maybe I'm overanalyzing, but is there a hidden message here?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics