• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your outfit for me to criticize.....

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
The navy jacket is the cul de sac of both the debonair and the tasteless.

How far can we stretch it before breaking it?

302922949_FqMGg-L.jpg

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
All I got. Taken from the iChat camera on my laptop.

I love this pic, only because I love the Boxer Rebellion romance of heroin.

Did Walt Disney train you to hate the four in hand?

The roping rocks, though: rule Britannia!

- B

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's another one.

The shirt is actually a light pink, it may be difficult to see in the photo. I wore white pants and brown shoes with this.
DSC_0001.jpg

PS detail-
DSC_0004.jpg

Also any ideas on what to do with this recently thrifted jacket are appreciated-
DSC_0005.jpg

JB

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
MOP cufflinks, Ed: yay or nay?

302968962_yDbte-L.jpg

Disclaimer: these are antique Japanese, and there is more than a zero chance that a geisha wore them originally.

- B

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
As much as I like the piping, I'd say you should let the huge lapels fly it back to the thrift.

Oh well, I could have done worse for $4.99
lol8[1].gif

JB

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
As much as I like the piping, I'd say you should let the huge lapels fly it back to the thrift.
Or you could just recycle the lapels into another suit for your estranged son. God knows there's enough fabric there. Also, this thread is lacking in vitriol and melodrama. I expected more from you edmorel.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ed, is it worth returning Times Square to a scene from Escape from New York so we can get better belts?

284867992_FvGMo-M.jpg

Disclaimer: I stayed in the first W in the first week that the brand opened in Midtown. This was before Cindy Crawford became plump.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Fact: Lobb boat shoes are pretentious. Here are mine:

284868030_WDf9R-L.jpg

But, if you were them sailing a Melges 24, while others wear their IndoChinese Sperry's drinking 1900 calorie coffees at Starb*cks, are the Lobbs redeemed?

Note: I'm wearing the flesh-colored socks again.

- B

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
All I got. Taken from the iChat camera on my laptop.

Love the lapels and the shoulders, which I could see the whole thing. Don't like three pieces, particularly if it's a DB as I feel that it's just too much but whatever. The tie knot is just too large and the pattern rather ugly.

Originally Posted by JetBlast
Here's another one.

The shirt is actually a light pink, it may be difficult to see in the photo. I wore white pants and brown shoes with this.
DSC_0001.jpg

PS detail-
DSC_0004.jpg

Also any ideas on what to do with this recently thrifted jacket are appreciated-
DSC_0005.jpg

JB

I think you got the color scheme right in the first outfit although the jacket seems to fit too big all around, burn the second jacket.

Originally Posted by yfyf

Also, this thread is lacking in vitriol and melodrama. I expected more from you edmorel.

This thread is not about vitriol, it's about posting a pic and looking for criticism on it rather than just positive comments, so far the outfits have not caused me to say anything crazy as they have been relatively good. But keep hope alive.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Original format Cartier Tank Louis:

287526973_KNsMG-M.jpg

Valid repudiation of the manhole cover watch?

- B

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I think you got the color scheme right in the first outfit although the jacket seems to fit too big all around, burn the second jacket.
Making progress!!

JB

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
This thread is not about vitriol, it's about posting a pic and looking for criticism on it rather than just positive comments, so far the outfits have not caused me to say anything crazy as they have been relatively good. But keep hope alive.

Okay, try this:

308198661_s8bVS-L.jpg

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads