• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your outfit for me to criticize.....

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Most of this photograph is occupied by a pair of Borrelli derbies made for them by Sutor Mantellassi. Forget that. I want to draw your attention, Ed, to the trousers peaking into the photograph.

These are the least expensive trousers I have ever purchased. They are Kiton, but I acquired them through *Bay for...get this!...three packages of ramen. The guy who sold it to me really, really needed the ramen. I like to think he just likes ramen, and wasn't actually starving.

294656346_N6jE4-L.jpg

My question: is it stylistically incorrect to wear trousers that dirt cheap even if made entirely by hand by Kiton?????

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I acquired them through *Bay for...get this!...three packages of ramen. The guy who sold it to me really, really needed the ramen. I like to think he just likes ramen, and wasn't actually starving.
That reminds me so much of the last time I had sex.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FNB, Manton and I in more carefree days. Please don't hold back Ed.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
291422511_g6sEL-M.jpg

This is terrible. I know SF denizens like less break than many others, but these trousers are WAY too short. And you should have your tailor let them out a bit - They're so tight we can see your junk.

While your arm scyes are sufficiently small, the way your tailor has attached the sleeves leaves a lot to be desired.

And those shoes... I bet they have glued soles.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
And you should have your tailor let them out a bit - They're so tight we can see your junk.
Or at least use a codpiece.

Cod-Piece_by_Wendelin_Boeheim.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Alright, I'm like most people and quake in fear of important business people...the kind who get paid money. I am going to meet with some really, really, really important New Yorkers this Tuesday...they do important stuff like write contracts and stuff, and some of them are masters of...I think I have this right...dirigible investments. I'm not a finance guy myself, but I do know hot air is involved.

Anyway, when meeting with New York mucky mucks, I would like to honor my superiors with a sartorial homage. So, I plan on wearing these cufflinks featuring the New York state bird:

299108906_AqA5i-M.jpg

We'll be eating at Le Bernadin. These cufflinks are kinda delicate, and more often than not, when I'm stuffing Eric Ripert's bland fish into my mouth, sometimes the links fall into the food, landing square in the center of the plate.

But here's my question: is faux tweed from the Porter and Harding Glorious Twelfth book appropriate to weat with cufflinks of the New York state bird?

- B

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought there would be some entertaining criticisms in here. For shame Ed, all show, no go.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
That reminds me so much of the last time I had sex.

It's handy to have bespoke sex boots when one runs out of noodles:

252515596_eHHrq-L.jpg

- B

Patrician

Reaction score
Well, voxsartoria, if you concider the meeting to be formal I would suggest you use a more proper and formal attire, like a suit, rather than a tweed jacket and what ever pants you plan to use.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
299108906_AqA5i-M.jpg

I think your first concern should be replacing those cheap buttons with some higher quality 4-hole buttons. You'll thank me later.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's handy to have bespoke sex boots when one runs out of noodles:

252515596_eHHrq-L.jpg

- B

Do you actually ride, I mean horses - not just Manton's bum-boy?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
Do you actually ride, I mean horses - not just Manton's bum-boy?

Don't you read?

Bespoke sex boots.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrician
Well, voxsartoria, if you concider the meeting to be formal I would suggest you use a more proper and formal attire, like a suit, rather than a tweed jacket and what ever pants you plan to use.

I don't wear pants to meetings. It unnerves the enemy.

- B

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like where this thread is going.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads