• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how to wear a belt

bshan0711

Reaction score
A co worker said that the end of belt should face left on a man and right on a woman. I say it doesnt matter. Which is the correct way to wear a belt.

raiderbuck

Reaction score
Mine is always facing left...well, because I'm right handed and that's just the way I do it. However, if I'm wearing a canvas belt the end is facing right. Easier to pull tight around my waist with my right hand.

JammieDodger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bshan0711
A co worker said that the end of belt should face left on a man and right on a woman. I say it doesnt matter. Which is the correct way to wear a belt.

That sounds like it's the wrong way around to me. Buttons on men's jeans and trousers are on the right, so I've always stuck the buckle on the right too.

sanrensho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bshan0711
The free end of the belt must be on your left. Pants buttons are on the right, so your left hand does the unbuttoning and frees your right hand to remove the belt. This saves time in the evening (.267 seconds to be exact). Time is money, so rich people tend to do things the most efficient way and this is one example of that. Also, it depends on which side of the equator you're on. If you're south, wear it on the right. Northerners should wear it on the left. This is mainly because the belt will go on more smoothly, and thus last longer and look better if it is unfastened in the natural direction of the earth's rotation. So Notherners have the advantage of both time savings and longer lasting belts and explains why the majority of rich countries are in the north. This is not opinion, it is fact.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man penis shall lean right, ****** penis shall lean left. this is a fact

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sanrensho
The free end of the belt must be on your left. Pants buttons are on the right, so your left hand does the unbuttoning and frees your right hand to remove the belt. This saves time in the evening (.267 seconds to be exact). Time is money, so rich people tend to do things the most efficient way and this is one example of that. Also, it depends on which side of the equator you're on. If you're south, wear it on the right. Northerners should wear it on the left. This is mainly because the belt will go on more smoothly, and thus last longer and look better if it is unfastened in the natural direction of the earth's rotation. So Notherners have the advantage of both time savings and longer lasting belts and explains why the majority of rich countries are in the north. This is not opinion, it is fact.

Hence the old sailor's tradition of always removing one's belt before crossing the equator.

Being left-handed, my belt-end is always pointing to the right. "Not that there's anything wrong with that".
rimshot.gif
I just make sure that I don't buy belts with horizontal printing on the buckle or belt, as it'd be upside down (apart from any other stylistic folk's passes I'd be committing.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads