• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
cool. surprisingly AE has like 2 or 3 nice styles that arent so "old man"...the Hale is one of them

what color you get? that looks like the "chili"

you could rebadge that as a "cool" brand and I bet it would get a lot more interest in it if it werent AE

yes i got it in chili, i really like allen edmonds more sleek modern designs like the one here, i also have two other shoes on this same last, and i think it is a great last design

I dont care if it isn't a 'cool' brand, it is a well made shoe, well designed, and at a perfect price point (I paid $153 for FIRSTS, not seconds)

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
I dont care if it isn't a 'cool' brand, it is a well made shoe, well designed, and at a perfect price point (I paid $153 for FIRSTS, not seconds)

The firsts/seconds distinction is kind of illusory with many AE's. I think a lot AE seconds are firsts labelled as such to sell at a lower price, or seconds because of a blemish such as a scuff which polishes out, or because the color didn't meet standards (which is a plus, sometimes).

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
The firsts/seconds distinction is kind of illusory with many AE's. I think a lot AE seconds are firsts labelled as such to sell at a lower price, or seconds because of a blemish such as a scuff which polishes out, or because the color didn't meet standards (which is a plus, sometimes).

well these i technically got at retail - discount codes so im pretty sure they are firsts
search.live.com ssearch for allen edmonds find shoebuy giving back 34%
20% off coupon on shoebuy
plus another 10% off for registering and being a first time buyer
and microsoft gives the 34% back

this is how i got them at $153 instead of $325ish

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy

Oh i agree with this too in a way because i have some AE seconds and i have foudn absolutely nothing wrong with them except maybe a slight blemish or something that isn't even noticable

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
CS, that's pretty sweet. Bet a lot of geezers on MC would jump on this in a sec and buy it all out before the days over

EdenResident

Reaction score
well these i technically got at retail - discount codes so im pretty sure they are firsts
search.live.com ssearch for allen edmonds find shoebuy giving back 34%
20% off coupon on shoebuy
plus another 10% off for registering and being a first time buyer
and microsoft gives the 34% back

this is how i got them at $153 instead of $325ish

MS might/will invalidate the cash back if you use a coupon though (it says that in the terms).

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pending cashback:
Purchase date Amount Available date Details
Aug 07, 2008 $79.54 Oct 06, 2008
(60 days left) Allen-Edmonds Hale - Men's
Unit price: $233.96
Store: Shoebuy.com

perhaps, but for now it seems im okay

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Nice find.

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
CS, that's pretty sweet. Bet a lot of geezers on MC would jump on this in a sec and buy it all out before the days over
its been in MC for a few days...I think they were more focused on the amazon AE sale though (sale + 20% addition = $140)

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a couple pairs of pants for the fall/winter and one pair for the remainder of summer. ****** pics, but oh well.... - Wash khakis - Ever Olive green military-style - Neil Barrett white linen
P1000634.jpg
P1000636.jpg
P1000638.jpg

Curious_George

Reaction score
http://search.live.com/cashback/prod...s+hale&form=CM

click compare
shoe buy link will come up click it
enter coupon EMLSUMBLOWOUT08 at checkout for 20% off
register at checkout for an additional 10% off if you are a first time buyer from this website

Awesome deal, thanks for the info. You just saved me a bunch on some Red Wings I've been wanting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads