• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

quick allen edmond question

steveoly

Reaction score
A quick heads up - if you do the live search cashback route, shoebuy.com has 34% cash back on what appears to be all of their AEs. Also, someone recently posted a shoebuy 20% off coupon code: EMLSUMBLOWOUT08. This stacks. And, if you're a first time buyer, they'll also take 10% off upon registration. Anyway, I just bought a pair of AE Hale and when all was said and done, they'll cost $153. This was with the cash back discount taken after the stacked registration code and the 20% off code were applied.

I am wondering, in retrospect, if one can buy the shoes at the full price, to take advantage of 34%cash back on the full amount (less 10% if you're a new customer) and then email them after the purchase and try to apply the 20% code on the original price. If this works, and if my math is correct, you could score a pair of Hales or comparably priced AEs for $117.50.

PS: My account was credited the live cash back already, so the cash back on top of the codes does work.

MLR

Reaction score
Watch out for the Soho's - the toe-box is "flimsy" and will crease almost immediately [and yes, the shoes fit me well]. I can stand creasing in the vamp, but not the toe-box..

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MLR
Watch out for the Soho's - the toe-box is "flimsy" and will crease almost immediately [and yes, the shoes fit me well]. I can stand creasing in the vamp, but not the toe-box..

How can one counteract this effect?

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone else with sohos have the problem MLR is talking about?

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
same issue I have on the manhattens (hence my earlier comments about substandard leather). Same last, and shape, just different detailing.

Only way I've dealt with it was to condition the hell out of the leather for several days.

MLR

Reaction score
My thoughts were that the toe-box leather wasn't stiff, very soft and easily dented/creased. I compared them to some of my other shoes and they all have very well built, stiff toe-boxes in comparison to teh Soho. BTW, I recently bought a pair of BB Peal's with the same length cap and have not had the same issue. My best advice is to walk in them on carpet for a few minutes and see what happens...

mdeep1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by steveoly
A quick heads up - if you do the live search cashback route, shoebuy.com has 34% cash back on what appears to be all of their AEs. Also, someone recently posted a shoebuy 20% off coupon code: EMLSUMBLOWOUT08. This stacks. And, if you're a first time buyer, they'll also take 10% off upon registration. Anyway, I just bought a pair of AE Hale and when all was said and done, they'll cost $153. This was with the cash back discount taken after the stacked registration code and the 20% off code were applied. I am wondering, in retrospect, if one can buy the shoes at the full price, to take advantage of 34%cash back on the full amount (less 10% if you're a new customer) and then email them after the purchase and try to apply the 20% code on the original price. If this works, and if my math is correct, you could score a pair of Hales or comparably priced AEs for $117.50. PS: My account was credited the live cash back already, so the cash back on top of the codes does work.
I tried doing this but I couldn't get the 34% to work. I went to the right place, then it said I would get 34% off my purchase during this visit. But, in the end it doesn't show a discount in the checkout. Any ideas? P.S. I tried this on a pair of Park Avenues. Edit: Just realized that in small print it says you will not see the discount reflected in the store's checkout.

iridium7777

Reaction score
if you do the live search cashback route, shoebuy.com has 34% cash back on what appears to be all of their AEs. A

how does this work? how do you get to that option? i'm looking at weybridge and they're 325$.

steveoly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdeep1
I tried doing this but I couldn't get the 34% to work. I went to the right place, then it said I would get 34% off my purchase during this visit. But, in the end it doesn't show a discount in the checkout.

Any ideas?

P.S. I tried this on a pair of Park Avenues.

Edit: Just realized that in small print it says you will not see the discount reflected in the store's checkout.

Yeah, I was nervous at first since it says you will not see the discount reflected in the store's checkout, but it was probably no more than 15 minutes after I made the purchase that the money showed up as pending in my account.

iridium7777

Reaction score
Yeah, I was nervous at first since it says you will not see the discount reflected in the store's checkout, but it was probably no more than 15 minutes after I made the purchase that the money showed up as pending in my account.

where do you see it saying that?

mdeep1

Reaction score

Yeah, I just got my cashback in my account. Thanks for the heads up on this awesome deal!!

Ricardo Malocchio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omar1223
anyone else with sohos have the problem MLR is talking about?
No experience with the Sohos, but my Evanstons also show creasing in the toe box, and MLR's explanation regarding the Sohos seems to apply to the Es, as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads