• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zee's Leatherware & Shoe Co.

temporaryachilles

Reaction score
According to a few contributors, Mayer Shoe (at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel) will do a goodyear welt upon request:
Originally Posted by Fishball
Mayer workmanship is not the best, but accpectable. Do ask for the goodyear welt, which is not their default welting. Go check it out!
Originally Posted by mrmax
Bespoke Cordovan from Mayer Shoes Hong Kong: (Cordovan is Horween in a darkish brown). Styled as per the Jermyn II with a last based on my favoured EG 202.:. Mayer will do a Goodyear welt.
Luk-cha -- After looking at some of your posts, it seems obvious that you have a staggering amount of knowledge on this subject. Do you have a recommendation for any of the Hong Kong shoemakers?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Noticed the sign says they also do luggages... I might be interested in a weekend bag made of some subtle exotic leather.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
attached recent photos of my shoes (after 1 year of HARD use). Fit pretty painful in the beginning, but they are one of my most comfortable ones now. they've been soaked completely w/ rainwater (HK typhoons are intense) lots of scratching occuring under my work desk soles are cracking couple nails came off can't be bothered to polish/condition the leather
p1010478in2.jpg

temporaryachilles

Reaction score
Nice photo! It's great to see what well-used shoes look like. So many of the shoes pictured on this site look like they've never been worn.

I've been doing some research on this forum, and it looks like Kow Hoo and Meyer use customized lasts for their bespoke shoes, either by making new lasts (Kow Hoo) or by cutting down generic lasts to match the customer's foot (Mayer). Does Zee's do the same?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrmax
What about Kow Hoo? http://kowhoo.com.hk/

At least they advertise that they do.

i'd doubt it very cvery much they might advertise the do and even give you a shoe with a welt and sole finishing simular to churches but they would not have any cork or felt in between the sole

anyway i dont even think ka woo have a last maker not any more at least and if they do they would be SZ based, they would be the same as zee'e or mayers in putting add ons to plastic/ generic lasts

the samples i have seen in KW are not all GY welted IMO and not even machine GY welted as they told be they can not do the welting like on my G&G bespokes

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
Noticed the sign says they also do luggages... I might be interested in a weekend bag made of some subtle exotic leather.

i have had a lot of leather bags(for the wife) and small leather goods made at Zee's also a weekend bag made like a BV style with plated leather i have had it for over a year of daily use without any issues

a nice big croco weekend bag would be nice!
bounce2.gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
attached recent photos of my shoes (after 1 year of HARD use). Fit pretty painful in the beginning, but they are one of my most comfortable ones now.

they've been soaked completely w/ rainwater (HK typhoons are intense)
lots of scratching occuring under my work desk
soles are cracking
couple nails came off
can't be bothered to polish/condition the leather

p1010478in2.jpg

with all of the above taken into account you got you money's worth eh what?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
attached recent photos of my shoes (after 1 year of HARD use). Fit pretty painful in the beginning, but they are one of my most comfortable ones now.

they've been soaked completely w/ rainwater (HK typhoons are intense)
lots of scratching occuring under my work desk
soles are cracking
couple nails came off
can't be bothered to polish/condition the leather

p1010478in2.jpg

with all of the above taken into account you got you money's worth eh what?

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice! is this with the old leathers?

whered you get those awesome shoe trees from?

orlagu

Reaction score
Nice monks, walneal
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
. I bet the leather would aged nicely after one year
inlove.gif
Are the trees lasted?

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks gentlement

toilet duck: they are in the 'new' french calf
just got them weeks ago and never worn yet
the trees are from my other shoes

orlagu: those trees are not lasted, just for photo shooting

temporaryachilles

Reaction score
May I ask how were you fitted for your shoes? Did Zee's take a lot of measurements to tailor the shoe to your foot? Were there multiple fittings?

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look more like Mora than William (the style)

add some antiquing, it will look great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads