• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yael Naim New Soul: Why?

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Title explains the question. Why do people love this song. It has spread like a virus.

Don't know why, but I like it. Maybe because it's happy.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a stupid song. The lyrics are awful, the music is awful. "I'm a new soul I came to this strange world Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take But since I came here, felt the joy and the fear Finding myself making every possible mistake." I bet this took a whole 10 minutes to write.
rolleyes.gif

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Now you suffer with this
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also like the video! Keep it coming!

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I blame the airbook ad.

Of course, that's the only reason I heard the song. You blame; I thank.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ending of the video reminds me of the end of 'Aguirre: The Wrath of God' for some reason. I like Kinski and the monkeys much better.

dinted voice

Reaction score
It's a fun song that is not deep enough to require any thought behind its meaning. Good background music.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Heh.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz
The ending of the video reminds me of the end of 'Aguirre: The Wrath of God' for some reason. I like Kinski and the monkeys much better.

ROTFL!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads