• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woolrich FW08 is up

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Woolrich have a women's line? The stockist in my area is apparently a women's boutique but I don't see any female clothing on Woolrich's website.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ No idea. They do make women's clothing, but I'm pretty sure it's not related to the Woolen Mills collection.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I visited Sam and Ryan at Context on my road trip earlier this week, and apart from the nice tuna melt that Sam bought me (thanks Sam,) I also picked up (well, it is being sent now) a great dark navy shawl collar jacket with dual flapped hip pockets and dual patch chest pockets with an additional "pencil" pocket.

The medium is perfect for me, slim with narrower armholes, and reasonably slim in the body without compromising the workwear look. The material is a heavier wool that will and the construction and finishing is somewhat better than analogous Engineered Garments pieces. I knew when I tried it on that this would be my outerwear purchase for FW08. It was ridiculously hot in the midwest, but I felt like wearing it right out of the store. Luckily, my aversion to heatstroke won out.

On a tangential note, the guys at Context are great. I got to meet Sam and his family, and Ryan as well. We didn't have a chance to discuss the ApolisxStyleforumxContext collaboration, because someone forgot the fabric swatch at home (um, Ryan), but the store is great, and these guys definitely love what they are doing. They already have a lot of Woolrich in, and the buy is really solid. You should phone them to get a gander.

I also had a chance to meet the crew at Hejfina - hopefully Chris will show me his line and I can show you guys, and Karissa, who just had a huge sale, and is expecting lots of new stuff in soon. I'll write about my trip in another thread.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They need to get that stuff up online... my credit card is getting cold here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
They need to get that stuff up online... my credit card is getting cold here.

I think that they are going to shoot it, but because of contracts, they cannot click to sell - so it will be phone orders only. I have tons of Engineered Garments stuff, and I thought "what can Woolrich bring for $100+ more?" Well, I don't know about all the pieces, but this one blew my mind.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I think that they are going to shoot it, but because of contracts, they cannot click to sell
Woolrich is calling the shots on who can sell online?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.oipolloi.com/store/Woolen...lack-3402.html

This is actually dark, dark blue. Looks black except when you show it against true black or pair it with brown. Wow, oipolloi is sold out already. The jacket feels much slimmer in person. The picture (No. 7 on the woolrich site) looks better, imo.

Also, the collar looks better standing up (and for a dude with a shaved head, like me, will provide better protection from the wind as well.) You probably need a large.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Secret Service will be adding Woolrich to their stock for s/s 09 and I've heard nothing but great things. Chad seemed really stoked.

Funny, I've never heard of Apt No 9 or Confederacy in LA. Guess I'll have to check them out in a few weeks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Secret Service will be adding Woolrich to their stock for s/s 09 and I've heard nothing but great things. Chad seemed really stoked.

Funny, I've never heard of Apt No 9 or Confederacy in LA. Guess I'll have to check them out in a few weeks.

Ah, now I know where I will be getting my Ranger jacket. Apartment No. 9 now has 2 locations in LA, one in Beverly Hills. They are the offshoots of the store in Chicago. Not a bad store - the buys are solid, but not inspired. Great if you are looking for something to wear to your great aunt's 80th birthday.

bathtime

Reaction score
I think this covers the outerwear and some of the shirts that Context will stock (may have missed something). Pics will be on the site later this week for phone orders.

Upland Shirt (red check)

Upland Jacket (charcoal)

Maine Guide Jacket (dark navy)

Hunting Jacket (red tartan)

Field Coat (red)

Fishing Smock (charcoal wool)

The classic shirt is on order.

Didn't order the raglan shirt.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it possible to have too many coats? Something in red sounds tempting.

And has anyone seen the smock in person?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not seen the smock, but I have seen the following (I'm pretty sure that these lists are missing a couple items each): August (Oakland, CA) - Maine Guide Jacket in brown corduroy - Pea Jacket in Black - Upland shirt - Shooting shirt MAC (SF, CA) - Maine Guide Jacket in dark navy - Raglan Shirt in grey chambray - Cruiser Shirt - Rail Road Vest in red check - Fishing Jacket (very similar to the EG Fishing Jacket w/o the pouch) - Upland Jacket in red check - Fishing shirt Jacket (very similar to the EG Fishing Jacket, but with waist pockets) - Ranger Pant in khaki BTW LA Guy, nice pickup on the Maine Guide Jacket. I bought one too and it's definitely a keeper. In addition to LA Guy's comments the jacket has snaps on the sides underneath the arm to tighten the body achieving a slimmer silhouette and 4 interior pockets, the bottom two of which have buttoned flaps. The sleeves also have two buttons for desired opening widths.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another picture of the fishing smock.

ACFo90j4B.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads