• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the outdoor GG black wingtip pics look like CGI! the lustre is so even. nice

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the toe caps / toe boxes are so darn long! I love my G&G bespokes, but the RTW lasts are so long... not to my tastes

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
the toe caps / toe boxes are so darn long! I love my G&G bespokes, but the RTW lasts are so long... not to my tastes
I agree about the black but that is the last & lense. I realy like mine though
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=6040

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ziggyosk

this is the first of many posts to come in here. Hopefully one day I will rival Aportnoy
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Very nice...glad to see the additions.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is the first of many posts to come in here. Hopefully one day I will rival Aportnoy
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I like someone who aims high!
smile.gif

Hope you enjoy your new shoes.

Originally Posted by Harrydog
The Rothschild in the sharp round last.

That's quite the elongated last. How does it look on the foot?

I love the overall design though. Sharp!

Harrydog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I like someone who aims high!
smile.gif

Hope you enjoy your new shoes.

That's quite the elongated last. How does it look on the foot?

I love the overall design though. Sharp!

It is not really as long as it appears.

Here is a comparison with C&J 337 and EG 82 all are 9.5 UK

200808010050rv7.jpg

200808010051no9.jpg

200808010052sc0.jpg

The C&J is the longer of the three. The G&G is actually very similar to the the EG 82, though more pointed. That is what suggests the elongation I think.

G&G also has a longer vamp as the laces do not extend as far forward as on the other two.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harrydog, thank you very much for the comparison pics. That is very helpful. I like the EG the best.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, got it!

Now for my first addition to this wonderful thread. I have drooled over this thread for the last 9 months and finally I can add to it
smile.gif

Nothing too special, but they are my first "nice pair" of shoes, AE Weybridge in Chilli:

dsc02712kl9.jpg

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Very nice. Congrats. This is just the beginning. Be afraid. Be very afraid. LOL $$$$$$$$$

smile.gif

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
EG>G&G>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>C&J

The G&G looks decent next to the EG, but on its own it looks very snouty. The C&J on 337 is downright unattractive to my eye, but I think it looks that way only by comparison to the best-in-class EG.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Youy won't live that long....
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

pledge

Reaction score
Harrydog, those shoes are gorgeous. You've just inspired me to place an order for them myself (should they be available in my size).

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett
EG>G&G>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>C&J

The G&G looks decent next to the EG, but on its own it looks very snouty. The C&J on 337 is downright unattractive to my eye, but I think it looks that way only by comparison to the best-in-class EG.

I pretty much agree. Although I wonder what Harrydog's size is as I think the 337 is best served on medium to shorter feet.

I will also agree that the 337 is somewhat put to shame by the 888 (disclaimer, I own both and they are my 2 favorites, the top being the triple 8, see sig. below). But that's like if somehow Heidi Klum or Marissa Miller or Jessica Alba or Christy Turlington or goddess of your choice (888) were in the same room as let's say January Jones ( I'm watching Mad Men season 1 now; 337). Only then would January Jones ,who is inarguably pretty, pale in another's presence. But when the 337 is away from its 888 brethren, it shines plenty bright, on smaller feet of course
wink.gif

Harry Lean

Reaction score
The shoes on this page look quite good. l like the suede G&G brogue in particular.

Trojanman74

Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Very nice. Congrats. This is just the beginning. Be afraid. Be very afraid. LOL $$$$$$$$$

smile.gif

aint this the truth. 4 months in and ive already found a new passion in life

CIMG1107.jpg

since joining ive gone up 9 pairs of AE's, 1 edurado G and 1 C&J. all from the bay or from other members. everything was previously owned but in SF quality. i think i only paid over 150 for one pair(C&J westfield). i like to think im the posterboy for the fact that you can find good shoes for cheap prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads