• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Exquisite Expensive Business Cards -Where Do I Find

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
No, his cards are made from carrot shavings.
tounge.gif

"what's up doc" it is like a bad buggs bunny joke!

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Leaves a lasting impression and good roughage to boot
tounge.gif

wind too if taken in large amounts
bounce2.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adagio
+1 for Smythson. Exquisite!

Adagio

+ Again ... great place.

sanrensho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdavis
There are some really good suggestions in the posts. One of the posts regarding using antique letter press is an interesting idea.

I am going to try this company. They are quite possibly here in Tokyo with me.

http://www.meisiya.net/first/
http://www.meisiya.net/first/paper.html#fav

I think the subtle texture, imperfection, plus letter press is the winning mix. I already had Crane letterpress and they are nice, but nothing special.

It is very fun to go around experimenting, especially when it is on some elses tab.

-eric

Here's an interesting entry about a letterpress museum in Tokyo...apparently they also do printing..in any case, I'm sure they can direct you to someone in Tokyo that does high quality work.

The museum itself seems worth a visit too.

http://moontreearts.blogspot.com/200...tterpress.html

sanrensho

Reaction score
By the way, does anyone use a "personal" card? I have business cards from the company I work for, but I am thinking about having my own card made with some minimal information.

Any thoughts about this?

mltokyo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sanrensho
By the way, does anyone use a "personal" card? I have business cards from the company I work for, but I am thinking about having my own card made with some minimal information.

Any thoughts about this?

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for right now. (Or actually, I'm looking to improve my existing cards.)

I only have my name, cell number and e-mail address on them.

Jeff Naylor

Reaction score

Any thoughts about this?

I do, I use a Vera Wang calling card from Fine Stationery. I've always believed it is poor form to use a business card in a purely social situation. I just have my name, cell number and e-mail address engraved on them.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way, does anyone use a "personal" card?
Yes, more than one kind.

erdavis

Reaction score
Here's an interesting entry about a letterpress museum in Tokyo...apparently they also do printing..in any case, I'm sure they can direct you to someone in Tokyo that does high quality work.

The museum itself seems worth a visit too.

http://moontreearts.blogspot.com/200...tterpress.html

Good call on both accounts. MoonTreeArts does some very nice work and the do Social Calling cards. They now have a site devoted to this .

http://brooklynsocialcards.com/about.html

cover6.jpg

I am going to check out the museum in Tokyo. Also for people who want some seriously complex paper check out Karacho in Kyoto. They have been in the paper business since 1624. Bring your wallet, awesome product but it isn't cheap.

Christiano

Reaction score
Hello Mr. Davis,

i saw that u was searching for a good business card producer. and i saw that u have already choose a company.

just let me tell u that i am able to produce the best business cards that anybody has ever seen.

the other companys who were suggested by other members look like "TOYS'R'US" against my business cards. its not a joke
smile.gif

just let me know if your middle east friend still needs help.
because if money doesnt matter, he will fall in love with his new cards.

erdavis

Reaction score
Post a photo on the forum of your cards and explain why they are good.

Then private message me and I will send you my address to send a sample to.

-e

tokyodandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdavis
I was working with a Middle Eastern business client, and I told him his current business cards were a bit crappy and he needs to get some better ones.
My client appreciated the advice. He recently wrote to me and asked to help him find great cards and money is not an issue.
I am looking around, but don't know where on the planet the top top business cards come from... Where do the insane rich get their cards? Anyone got names?
PS: I am looking for something a bit higher than Crane.

Since Japan has more of a business card culture than any other country and Japanese are willing and ready to throw large sums of money at expensive items, I would guess Japan offers some pretty nice stuff at the high end. Have to be careful of spelling mistakes though...

TD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads