• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Would you mind doing this on a less frequent basis?

I know you have a reason to remind new readers of the nature of FNB and his site's grudge obsessive against you, but one of the reasons I don't go there much is that the nastiness gets tiresome and repetitive. That is true regardless of who started it and applies here as well.

On the other hand, I always appreciate nastiness when it is childish and funny, so if you feel obligated to strike back at every single FNB appearance here, at least make fun of him.

I can do childish. And, for the record, I don't strike at all of his appearances here, just 40% or so of the ones where he passively agressively references me. Which is to say, about 80% of his posts.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I can do childish. And, for the record, I don't strike at all of his appearances here, just 40% or so of the ones where he passively agressively references me. Which is to say, about 80% of his posts.

Sorry. It doesn't have to be childish. It's just that I am pretty immature and an easy mark for childish. Mockery and ridicule are good to. I don't mind biting sarcasm, but unless effort is spent getting the humor part right, it has a tendency to slip into just plain bile.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Sorry. It doesn't have to be childish. It's just that I am pretty immature and an easy mark for childish. Mockery and ridicule are good to. I don't mind biting sarcasm, but unless effort is spent getting the humor part right, it has a tendency to slip into just plain bile.

I don't want to fight bile with bile. Anyway, maybe you are right and it's time to give up. The mods have been pretty indulgent, God bless them.

You know, I could go to Antarctica for ten years, come back and check that site and this one, and his posts on this one (assuming he does not get himself banned) would still reference me every other time at least, and his own site would still be a monument to me.

It is at once humbling, but also a burden, to know that you are so central to the lives of so many other people. I was never really meant to carry such a burden.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(...) It is at once humbling, but also a burden, to know that you are so central to the lives of so many other people. I was never really meant to carry such a burden.

How did you find out about the Manton shrine I've been working on??? I thought no one knew about it.

So much for the surprise factor.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Would you mind doing this on a less frequent basis?

I know you have a reason to remind new readers of the nature of FNB and his site's grudge obsessive against you, but one of the reasons I don't go there much is that the nastiness gets tiresome and repetitive. That is true regardless of who started it and applies here as well.

On the other hand, I always appreciate nastiness when it is childish and funny, so if you feel obligated to strike back at every single FNB appearance here, at least make fun of him.

Yeah. Less dry exposition, more fat jokes.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Yeah. Less dry exposition, more fat jokes.

if you could work in a few 'yo mama' zingers, that would be nice as well. Or is that off-limits?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
if you could work in a few 'yo mama' zingers, that would be nice as well. Or is that off-limits?

I've never used that.

You guys are making me feel bad. I thought my step-by-step explanation of esoteric writing was pretty good.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've never used that.

You guys are making me feel bad. I thought my step-by-step explanation of esoteric writing was pretty good.

Mon dieu! Never traded 'yo mama' insults? You've neglected a classic genre of cheap schoolyard taunts. Of course these define childish, and I'd never use them on the Odoreaters of the world, but one or two clever ones never hurt anyone.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Mon dieu! Never traded 'yo mama' insults?

I thought it was a black thing, and I would be called racist if I used it.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How racist of you to even think that

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mon dieu! Never traded 'yo mama' insults? You've neglected a classic genre of cheap schoolyard taunts. Of course these define childish, and I'd never use them on the Odoreaters of the world, but one or two clever ones never hurt anyone.

Study this. I watched some of the original competition when it aired and it is good stuff and always useful.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
eh.gif
If that's a black thing, then every white boy who grew up in the early '90's would be a racist.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
eh.gif

If that's a black thing, then every white boy who grew up in the early '90's would be a racist.

No, they were just mimicing black slang to seem cool. If you grew up in the early '70s, you would know that "yo mamma" comes from the hood, not the 'burbs.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
How racist of you to even think that

Not to mention, I will not be voting for Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads