• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yes, and yes. before I got the ball rolling on TaT it was my original idea to make suits all as separates, where none had matching trouser/jacket. But reality is, guys want matching jacket/trews....tho personally I do like suit separates quite a bit, esp if you're going for a casual-dressy vibe.

Confucius

Reaction score
Yo Jason, I seem to recall you had some diagrams for how to take body measurements. They were body silhouettes/outlines with guides on where to measure. I can't seem to find them anywhere in my inbox or on the site. Any chance of getting them off you again?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're in the blog (thickasthievesla.blogspot.com). I forget which date, but they're pretty close to the front page.

jamesjgriffin

Reaction score
For a suit I'm going to be using in a business / sales / law school environment, would you go with notched or peak lapels?

2 button conservative cut.

brissyboy

Reaction score
Depends how conservative they are in your environment. Then again I had lunch with a partner of a law firm the other day, he was at least 50 years old and he had a grey peak lapel suit. And, this is in a city in Australia where everyone is really slow on the uptake of trends, so I think it would be a safe bet.

kalanigee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tcameron
Vests in the near future, Tat? - This would be an amazing 3-piece

I was wondering the same myself. Your suits are killer already, but a 3-piece would infinitely AWEsome. Also wondering if you make ties from the same material as the suit?

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a formal occasion coming up in october that i need a new suit for, i'm definitely thinking i'm getting one from you Get Smart
biggrin.gif

then again i don't know much about suits...all i know is i would like a 2 button notch lapel and i have an idea what fabric choice i'd make...among other things. as far as vents and such, i have no idea right now. i'll definitely shoot you over an email though.

kennektd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
retail: $500 for a customized option suit with inseam/sleeves finished to size and functional cuff buttons

$450 for a rtw (which I currently don't have as the first batch are at Camden Lock)

For SFers the price is $400 for custom and free shipping anywhere

I don't make a whole lot on each, but as long as I dont lose $ I'm cool

So this was posted about a year and a half ago, but I was wondering do the same prices still exist or has there been price increases?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ no that was a special offer for the first few months. since then prices have gone up slightly due to everything costing more in terms of what it costs me to get these in your hands. Hey gas was $3 a year and half ago, now we're all paying over $4

bsyde82

Reaction score
apologies if this has already been covered multiple times, but how much would a pair of wool trousers cost by itself?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads