• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Exquisite Expensive Business Cards -Where Do I Find

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the American Psycho quotes aside, I heard that black business cards are in fashion right now. *shrug*

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine gets his done in Florence. They use handmade paper with a torn edge and a letter press for an old world look.

Perhaps you should consult a good graphic designer who works in print. They can source any paper style, texture, color that you want. And, they will know printers who can do the job.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious-- in what way did the client's cards look like shite? It could be just the design rather than the materials, in which case he could do fine with a more inexpensive printer and a better design.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
Let's see Paul Allen's card.
Ha ha ha that was my first thought too

Here is a real tip: Get a letterpress card. It is thick paper where the letters are imprinted, like a metal stamp. I have all my cards made this way and it is the best advertising available - I have gotten more favorable comments on my biz card than I can count - every time I hand it out someone comments on it. Patrick Bateman would happily stab me in the neck to the tune of "Hip to be Square" over it.

A company that does a really nice letterpress card is Page Printing. http://www.pagestationery.com

chiral

Reaction score
I would say for the best most personalized card the way to do it is to hire a graphics designer, as someone else said. Work with them to develop the exact typographical and design style you desire, and then they can forward their design and template to a printing house to print the card on any stock or paper that you could want.

It's much more expensive, but the result would be much more interesting and exclusive than a template found online.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Ha ha ha that was my first thought too

Here is a real tip: Get a letterpress card. It is thick paper where the letters are imprinted, like a metal stamp. I have all my cards made this way and it is the best advertising available - I have gotten more favorable comments on my biz card than I can count - every time I hand it out someone comments on it. Patrick Bateman would happily stab me in the neck to the tune of "Hip to be Square" over it.

A company that does a really nice letterpress card is Page Printing. http://www.pagestationery.com

+100 also French Paper has some amazing stock with just the right amount of grain for a luxurious texture. When working with a letterpress ask them about woodtypes and antique dies, the imperfections from age add so much character to the way the letterforms look.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Middle eastern, you say?

mitsubishi-gold-card.jpg

mattyb124

Reaction score
Anyone ever notice that "Acquisitions" is spelled wrong on all the American Psycho business cards.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Japan isn't in the middle-east...
Thanks for this piece of information

Taxler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
... They use handmade paper with a torn edge and a letter press for an old world look......

I've seen similar cards done with hand caligraphy, metallic inks, and gilded in 24K gold leaf. The cost as I recall was about $125 each. I've also seen them done using linen rather than paper.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads