• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Significant Other thread: Part 2

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who remember the thread about my slightly larger counterpart
inlove.gif

Does anyone agree that couples who argue and disagree have better sex? I originally thought I was unattracted to the GF because of her being overweight, but I think it may be our lack of arguing or disagreement
confused.gif

Does that make sense? With my Ex, we would argue or disagree ALL the time, and the more we argued, the better the "make up" was. The new GF and I have NEVER come close to arguing, and I think that may be a sign of a lack or passion, or we just simply get along well. Obviously I can't start arguments for the sake of better sex, but does anyone agree?

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
The new GF and I have NEVER come close to arguing, and I think that may be a sign of a lack or passion, or we just simply get along well.

Hmmm which one which one

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, it makes sense and sounds familiar. Most women need some amount of regular drama (ups and downs) or at least excitement (ups and back to normal) to get them going. I wouldn't suggest starting arguments but you could try other things like watching horror movies or going to comedy clubs, etc. Cliched I know but only because it works. Or sneak up and scare the crap out of her sometime. Something to get a bit of exhilaration in your time together.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I like to hide carefully set mousetraps in the pocket of my girlfriends favorite jacket or in her dresser drawers.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like lack of passion, that's more important.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does one get more passion? Really, we're both mature, very laid back, and don't easily get excited at anything. To complicate things, the Ex is always ready and willing
devil.gif
so I'm not exactly stuck with the new GF.

Ideas for excitement? Off to the store for mousetraps
laugh.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
I like to hide carefully set mousetraps in the pocket of my girlfriends favorite jacket or in her dresser drawers.
They love that. Also, snakes or mice in drawers and cupboards.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
my wife is neat. she is so opinionated when it comes to small talk and we argue back and forth and i can never win. she is so challenging.
but i wouldnt have it any other way. i like a woman who challenges me . in bigger issues though: family, work, money ,religion, etc. we are pretty much in unison in thought so there is no argument there and if there is a difference in opinion, she trusts me to make the bigger decision. but of course, i always take her counsel.

but in petty conversations, man, does she make me want to kick something though. she got an opinion on everything and pshhhhtt.........it really fun though. she's like a best friend or buddy many times. or a hard-headed sister that i never had.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Yes, it makes sense and sounds familiar. Most women need some amount of regular drama (ups and downs) or at least excitement (ups and back to normal) to get them going. I wouldn't suggest starting arguments but you could try other things like watching horror movies or going to comedy clubs, etc. Cliched I know but only because it works. Or sneak up and scare the crap out of her sometime. Something to get a bit of exhilaration in your time together.

Man, you guys are missing out. Find yourself a hot Asian babe who is also an engineer. Maximum of hot sex, minimum of drama. Good earners too! How many men can tell their wives they need a new chain saw and she says, "Get a good one. No use wasting money on junk!"

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88

Does anyone agree that couples who argue and disagree have better sex?

No. Mrs. Teacher and I almost never have real arguments.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Man, you guys are missing out. Find yourself a hot Asian babe who is also an engineer. Maximum of hot sex, minimum of drama. Good earners too! How many men can tell their wives they need a new chain saw and she says, "Get a good one. No use wasting money on junk!"

if only my girlfriend thought that way about my clothing!
I wouldn't have to hear "WHY DO YOU NEED TO BUY SUCH EXPENSIVE THINGS"

James Gatz

Reaction score
You could try going to an amusement park together. That's usually pretty exciting. Though, all things considered, you don't necessarily have to do something exciting to get things going. Doing something together that you don't normally do (hiking, going to a play, going to a gallery opening, taking dance lessons, etc.) can do wonders for adding passion to a relationship.

TUspiv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
my wife is neat. she is so opinionated when it comes to small talk and we argue back and forth and i can never win. she is so challenging.
but i wouldnt have it any other way. i like a woman who challenges me . in bigger issues though: family, work, money ,religion, etc. we are pretty much in unison in thought so there is no argument there and if there is a difference in opinion, she trusts me to make the bigger decision. but of course, i always take her counsel.

but in petty conversations, man, does she make me want to kick something though. she got an opinion on everything and pshhhhtt.........it really fun though. she's like a best friend or buddy many times. or a hard-headed sister that i never had.

That sounds like a fun relationship tbh. I think you've got it right -- agree on the bigger issues, but be challenged on some of the smaller things. Though I suppose there is a level of pettiness one should avoid.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

That. Is. AWESOME.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Gatz
You could try going to an amusement park together. That's usually pretty exciting. Though, all things considered, you don't necessarily have to do something exciting to get things going. Doing something together that you don't normally do (hiking, going to a play, going to a gallery opening, taking dance lessons, etc.) can do wonders for adding passion to a relationship.

Try a hockey game.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads