• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW08

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Is there a lookbook for the F/W collection out on the web yet?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look51.jpg

Cali

Reaction score
Anyone know if any stores still have the 8oz tapered jeans in stock? I went by american rag over the weekend and they had size 36 in the black, but I am looking for a 32 or 34 in indigo.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cali
Anyone know if any stores still have the 8oz tapered jeans in stock? I went by american rag over the weekend and they had size 36 in the black, but I am looking for a 32 or 34 in indigo.

did you try the fashion island location? they had a ton of indigo ones, not sure if they're the 8oz ones though

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So whats the verdict on the elbow patches on the bedfords? Normally, I kind of like elbow patches, but I'm not really digging them on these jackets. Which is a bummer because I've been planning on picking one up.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bedford looks great, I don't mind the elbow patches at all.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like elbow patches in general, but I'm not sure if I like those elbow patches yet. I've actually been planning on adding them to my cordoruy bedfords when the elbow areas start to wear out, but it will be brown leather.

whats the definition of broadcloth btw?
For shirtings, broadcloth is a tightly woven fabric that will feel and look a bit more fancier than say an oxford cloth.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I agree with that statement exactly. I'm usually a fan of elbow patches, but something strikes me funny about those.

wiru

Reaction score
haven't seen any knitwear yet

the andover suit is unconstructed, like s/s and unlike last year's f/w. and sized pretty small.

the bedford elbow patches could have been better, but if you don't like them all it takes is 5 minutes and a seam ripper.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads