• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Superfoods!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems to be. Wanna say again though, it would be more cost effective to just buy the 'active' ingredients in the greens drink in bulk themselves. Chlorella and spirulina are wonderful green foods, so good in fact, the rest (wheatgrass, alfalfa, etc.) is just filler.

Originally Posted by Connemara
So this GREENS+ stuff is a good bet?

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the T-nation Superfood. I definitely noticed an "alertiness" the first couple of times I tried it. I only did a "half" serving. I'm taking it now, again at "half" servings, but don't feel the same kick this time. Will try higher amounts next.

I did NOT get any feel from Greens Plus. Superfood (from t-nation) yes, greens plus, no.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I ate some grass seed from the local landscape supplier I felt amazing.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool link, but I'd only buy Spirulina from Hawaii.

sleekblackroadster

Reaction score
anybody into acai berries?

i've been drinking some sambazon acai drinks and they are pretty tasty.

sleekblackroadster

Reaction score
and raw milk is very interesting to read up on.

the different states with the different laws and the trafficking between them that can get you in serious trouble.

people can argue the topic from both sides to death but it comes down to a risk/reward tradeoff that i believe everyone should be allowed to decide for themselves.

scfdefinit

Reaction score
What kind of juice do you guys mix your greens supplements with?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best bet for covering the taste is either apple or pineapple.

theincumbent

Reaction score
Just my .02:

The best quality "superfood" supplements that I have found are produced by a company
known as "Lifegive." I think you can find them online via google.

I was vegan/vegetarian for a couple of years, and I found these supplements to be essential
while eating this way. Interestingly, once I began eating meat again, I still found that the supplements helped my energy levels, digestion, etc. It seems the supplements correct the issues that I had sought to resolve by becoming veg.

I personally prefer these supplements over the Greens+ because I find taking the tablets much more convenient than the powders. Strictly personal preference, I think.

+1 on what Javyn said: Chlorella and Spirulina really increased energy levels. I notice this effect most when at the gym.

lailaihei

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Kimchi yet!
Kimchi is really really healthful and makes a good snack when eaten with just rice or ramen, or it's good as a side dish with dinner.

I highly recommend trying it. you can get it a pound of it for like $2-3 from your local asian market, or it comes as one of the side dishes if you go to any korean restaurant.

I don't take any supplements except a multi-vitamin pill, so I don't have much to add to that part of the discussion.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lailaihei
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Kimchi yet!
Kimchi is really really healthful and makes a good snack when eaten with just rice or ramen, or it's good as a side dish with dinner.

I highly recommend trying it. you can get it a pound of it for like $2-3 from your local asian market, or it comes as one of the side dishes if you go to any korean restaurant.

I don't take any supplements except a multi-vitamin pill, so I don't have much to add to that part of the discussion.

kimchi and sauerkraut are good too, but please don't mix it with ramen. That stuff has more than enough grease in it to lube a tank.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FYI, Vitamin Shoppe brand spirulina is VERY good for the price. I like it more than Nutrex, which costs twice as much (40 bucks a pound!)

tintindeo

Reaction score
didn't read entire thread so this may be redundent, (& i need the post to get to the selling quota) ...but for me Dr Schulze's superfoods is the bomb...get w/a pal if u like the stuff, and u can get it down to $21.60 from $36.00 if u purchase a min of $400- at one time; even better of u live in los angeles area so u can p/u at their place.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
FYI, Vitamin Shoppe brand spirulina is VERY good for the price. I like it more than Nutrex, which costs twice as much (40 bucks a pound!)

I have been using this for a few months. it has really made me very happy. I eat a lot of protien, and have 2 heaping tablespoons of spirulina every day - one at night one in the morning, in a shake with some protien powder and fruit juice. fantastic bowel movements, godlike. couldn't be happier. protien usually makes me simply shut down my whole digestive system for days, so this really helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads