• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MJK Flannel MJK Pants Moma Shoes
72008.jpg

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
micheal this looks great on you- i can understand this foreshortened shirt length, the only problem I have with it is that it makes your arms look very long by comparison.. probably not something one would notice in everyday life though..

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
MjKrell... everything looks great, but how could it look anything but great in front of your kickass garage door.

How did things go at the Farmers Mkt. this weekend?

robbie

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody cares what you think because your name says Jul 2008 next to it. Real Talk.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frostedambassador
I think FadeToBlack is one of the worst looking guys I have seen in a while. If I were you, FadeToBLack, I would probably quit the whole expensive clothes thing. Really not worth it in your case. Real Talk.

pretty ballsy 'real talk' for a message board alter-ego

DSCN2514-1.jpg

work wear:
rit dyed FTL vneck
514 cords
blue sperrys (no vis)

afterwork wear to come after I complete the 3 s's

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think FadeToBlack is one of the worst looking guys I have seen in a while. If I were you, FadeToBLack, I would probably quit the whole expensive clothes thing. Really not worth it in your case. Real Talk.
Is that your third post? This may get ugly. . .

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Awesome advice, fashionista! I never would have birthed the idea of someone dressing differently from their surroundings rather than being inspired by them!

Now I know that a farmer should wear a suit daily, and the Wall Street businessman should dress in Americana workwear. Boy, was I lost before....

hustlenflo22

Reaction score
You're another point I was about to make. First of all, as a (somewhat) redneck looking resident of rural Georgia, the whole authentic American workwear look might not be your best bet. I mean, RRL is a great brand and everything, but try to imagine what people think when they see you wearing those clothes. Imagine talking to someone at a party in (for example) New York. After seeing your poorly fitting western shirt, they ask where you're from. You respond with Georgia. They're probably gonna walk away.

That's not to say that there aren't some really well dressed people here. There are. I guess my point is that, unless you're a) really attractive, b) wealthy enough to go all out on the whole designer thing, or both, I think your best option is probably some AA tee's and skinny jeans.

I know you aren't going to listen to this (the "you" here is directed at styleforum as a whole). This is my fourth post, I understand. But really, I'm doing you a favor. Trust me.

Where are you coming from?? In what reality do New Yorkers walk away from people like that?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't live in rural Georgia. I live in the suburbs about 20 minutes from Atlanta. If you think someone at a party in New York would walk away from someone who said they were from Georgia, I think you are being pretty naive. If anything you've proved that you have even less of an open mind so we'll see how long you last around here.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
all those damn georgians do is make ******* awesome music (b-52s, REM,blacklips,outkast) cool t-shirts (alternative apparel) and essentially Americana at its finest (Coca-Cola)... yeah, once someone in NYC finds out a person is from Georgia they are definitely gonna think straight white trash..... especially if you're wearing RRL chinos, you're totally right.

jkennett

Reaction score
....rural Georgia.... That's not to say that there aren't some really well dressed people here. There are.

Originally Posted by hustlenflo22
Where are you coming from?? In what reality do New Yorkers walk away from people like that?
I think he already slipped up and implied that he was from Georgia, or at least a similar place to it.

frostedambassador- blatant attacks on this thread from people who don't post their own photos aren't taken too seriously. i'd recommend to just stfu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads