• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
^^^

I guess to each their own but I just don't see how. The shoulders hit right, there isn't any pull on the buttons, it isn't fitted to where you can make out the body underneath... Are you sure you didn't mean to quote an old photo of Eason?

well...to my regular-guy eye, the hem is too short (if he raised his arms a bit, i think we'd see his bully-button)...especially referencing the fit on the model, the sleeves look too short, as well...and, the arm-holes look painfully high and tight...shoulders seem just a touch narrow, too...

around the chest, it seems fine...but, overall, it seems to me like he's trying to fit into his favorite shirt from freshman year of high school

i think this looks 1000x better

http://www.tobi.com/color_image/men_main_image/7517

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
still do not liek. look like puma speedcats
Oh well, can't please 'em all.
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
it must be the summertime...cuz you got no class ***WARNING***REGULAR GUY OPINION ABOUT TO BE EXPRESSED***WARNING*** young stazy...that shirt is a full size too small on you edit...all right...maybe half a size...sf has gotten to me more than i thought
Haha, thanks for the advance warning.
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
well...to my regular-guy eye, the hem is too short (if he raised his arms a bit, i think we'd see his bully-button)...especially referencing the fit on the model, the sleeves look too short, as well...and, the arm-holes look painfully high and tight...shoulders seem just a touch narrow, too... around the chest, it seems fine...but, overall, it seems to me like he's trying to fit into his favorite shirt from freshman year of high school
The hem is short for a button up. Most button ups don't look good untucked because they are too long so I purposely tailored this shirt to be the same length as most of my tees (Which I consider to look better untucked than button ups). The shirt fits slim but it doesn't feel tight at all. I have full mobility... The last thing i would post on SF is my favourite shirt from my freshman year at high school.
tounge.gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halifamous
I live on the water, I have to take the skywalk to get to downtown.

oh it says halifax under location. so i thought maybe you took a trip to toronto and saw the jays. lol

Karl Pooper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halifamous
I live on the water, I have to take the skywalk to get to downtown.

Don't front, you live on a highway. there's a lot of stuff between you and the water.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
The hem is short for a button up. Most button ups don't look good untucked because they are too long so I purposely tailored this shirt to be the same length as most of my tees (Which I consider to look better untucked than button ups).

The shirt fits slim but it doesn't feel tight at all. I have full mobility...

The last thing i would post on SF is my favourite shirt from my freshman year at high school.
tounge.gif

well...my main gripe with the fit of your shirt is that it looks uncomfortable...but, your telling me that you feel fine in it, makes a difference...

that said, i think it would be interesting to see you in the same shirt with a cut more like the one on the model from tobi...not that these websites always demonstrate optimal fit on their models, but this time, i think that got it right...the way it drapes and flows is magnificent...but that's lost with the narrow shoulders and shortened hem...

anyway...good talk...it's helpful to discuss and analyze the finer points of fit...certainly a skill i've been trying to sharpen up...next topic: color coordinating!
smile.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davo10375

SoCal sell a pair of shoes and get a better camera mate; you wear some of the more interesting items but can't see them that well.

valen.jpg

purch002.jpg

purch003.jpg

purch004.jpg

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
socal great jacket! good length...is it a kind of dark khaki? been looking for one of those. does the label say valentino?

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we collidin at the speed of life as we speak...
jul20.jpg
shirt/pants - Yohji Yamamoto shoes - Visvim

davo10375

Reaction score
Nice SoCal... much better seeing it that clearly. You pull of the white jeans well, and I could see myself wearing all that bar the shoes probably. Props on the sockless look, I'm starting to go sockless pretty often now.

Stazy maybe it looks a tad off because of the slightly unnatural pose.

F2B great photo

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
socal great jacket! good length...is it a kind of dark khaki? been looking for one of those. does the label say valentino?

Yes dark green cotton. It's Valentino from Saks.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads