• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help finding good belts

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm another fan of Unlucky's belts, he did a reproduction of a SC belt for me and it's awesome...

Jupiter Room

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
I'm another fan of Unlucky's belts, he did a reproduction of a SC belt for me and it's awesome...

His work looks great, but someone wrote "expect a little bleeding from the backs of your belts" and that makes me a bit skeptical. Should I be? Or isn't it really a problem?

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jupiter Room
His work looks great, but someone wrote "expect a little bleeding from the backs of your belts" and that makes me a bit skeptical. Should I be? Or isn't it really a problem?
My experience: I have 2 belts, none bled. I purchased 3 card holders, none bled. 1 more card holder and a repro flathead/iron heart wallet on the way, we'll see.

thoran

Reaction score
You need to be specific. I mena are you looking for an funky belt or an formal belt for the office use. If, you were looking for an funky belt then go for he monti carlo they have the best .

Jupiter Room

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thoran
You need to be specific. I mena are you looking for an funky belt or an formal belt for the office use. If, you were looking for an funky belt then go for he monti carlo they have the best .

I'm looking for a belt I can wear "every day" with, let's say, black jeans and a black cardigan. I was just having problems finding belt's with black hardware in stores here in Oslo.

Do you have some suggestions on good belt styles? There aren't many post on the topic on this forum, and I would like to get some input on what people here thinks look good (and not)!

Couldn't find the brand you mentioned on google. Link?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jupiter Room

i think that was just one comment on a black dyed belt, i've had no problems as all and the belt is finally starting to break-in...

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Iron Heart. Could stop a bullet.

changed

Reaction score
does H&M sell belts? I'm looking for a variety on the cheap...

Jupiter Room

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
i think that was just one comment on a black dyed belt, i've had no problems as all and the belt is finally starting to break-in...

Contacting him now
smile.gif
His work looks great to me.

Anybody got some input on what kind of buckle I should get? In WAYWT belts seems a bit neglected on the photos.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filson makes an good old school bridle leather belt. I think it works well with jeans and a variety of shoes and boots. Not exactly fashion forward but has a nice old school slightly steam punk feel to it.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
+1 on unlucky.. does really amazing work. I was looking at the LGC belts, and how long is the turnaround from payment to shipping?

I've had my LGC belts for several years and don't remember the exact turnaround time, but IIRC it was 10-14 days. But I think you could email the proprietor and ask. AFAIK, it's a one-man operation. He makes the belts, too.

insOma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
My best casual belts are from here:

http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/

I don't think he has black buckles, though, and he's a one-man operation, so I don't know if he'll ship to Norway. If you like his aesthetic, you should ask.

I just ordered a belt from these guys, after finding this suggestion and looking into it. This is the second thing I've bought after reading suggestions here, the first being a pair of Persol sunglasses that I'm really happy with. Keep up the good advice, everyone!

Here's the guy who makes next bag I'll probably buy: Saddleback Leather Company

I've already bought an Aero leather jacket, again based on ideas I found within online forums.

So far so good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads