• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Amazing Blazer Suit

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lott of asians have done that for ages, they even like gold blazer buttons on their blue suit. Just so they can use it as a propper blazer. But the fabric & drape on this is nice
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Those shirts are made by the same maker, to the exact same measurements.

Jesus Christ, can we try to remember that we are dealing with CLOTH? When you raise your arms, cloth slips down. I am not going to staple my shirt cuffs to my skin just to avoid dumbass comments from SF know-it-alls.

don't take my comments as an attack. i'm just curious why someone with as much knowledge as you overlooks such an important detail. it is not elegant. it looks sloppy and you know it.

part of the whole point of having a shirt custom made is to have the length of the sleeve and the circumference of your shirt cuffs relate to your wrists in such a way as to avoid the cuff slipping down when the arm is raised.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
don't take my comments as an attack. i'm just curious why someone with as much knowledge as you overlooks such an important detail.

...because its not an important detail.

Dude. pretty easy to take that one as an attack.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
matador:

Have you heard of this thing called gravity? It pulls things with mass down, toward the earth. Hence when I raise my arm, the sleeve slips down. I guess it does not effect you, something which I surmise is probably a mixed blessing.

All my shirts have the same sleeve length and the same cuff diameter. The one you praised is identical to the one you bashed.

But this is the Internet, and every photo must show a person's clothes to 100% perfection, or else obviously something is terribly wrong.
rolleyes.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Given that matadorpoeta used to have the sig "Michael Jackson is innocent" during Jacko's latest trial, can we agree that he likes to be a bit of an agent provocateur... or a picador, rather than a matador?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Given that matadorpoeta used to have the sig "Michael Jackson is innocent" during Jacko's latest trial, can we agree that he likes to be a bit of an agent provocateur... or a picador, rather than a matador?

Actually, I too believe that MJ was innocent. Or at least, I am not convinced that he was guilty.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
...because its not an important detail.

Dude. pretty easy to take that one as an attack.

i think anyone who cares enough about the fit of his clothes to have his shirts custom made or mtm would consider proper sleeve length/cuff circumference to be an important detail. i fail to see how mentioning this constitutes an attack.

sherwin

Reaction score
This is a great demonstration of versatility (especially because only your tie and trousers change) and the power of colors to project different images. A great guide for someone young like me who is just starting to build his wardrobe.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
i think anyone who cares enough about the fit of his clothes to have his shirts custom made or mtm would consider proper sleeve length/cuff circumference to be an important detail. i fail to see how mentioning this constitutes an attack.

stirpot.gif
:
nest.gif
fight[1].gif
smack.gif
dozingoff.gif
lurker[1].gif
peepwall[1].gif
revolve.gif
rolleyes.gif
redx.gif

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
matador: Have you heard of this thing called gravity? It pulls things with mass down, toward the earth. Hence when I raise my arm, the sleeve slips down. I guess it does not effect you, something which I surmise is probably a mixed blessing. All my shirts have the same sleeve length and the same cuff diameter. The one you praised is identical to the one you bashed. But this is the Internet, and every photo must show a person's clothes to 100% perfection, or else obviously something is terribly wrong.
rolleyes.gif

it does not effect me because my cuffs are sufficiently narrow as to hug my wrists without being tight. coupled with a proper sleeve length, my shirts look elegant at all times. of course if you like your shirts the way they are i can't argue with you. i just find it odd that you won't concede that your look is less than ideal or that it is possible to have shirts made which do not fall like yours.
Originally Posted by RJman
i said at the time that if michael jackson were a regular guy i would have no doubts as to his guilt, but since he is such a weirdo, it would not surprise me if he really does simply enjoy the company of children without molesting them. i don't think that is too far fetched given his strangeness.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that someone will judge the fit of a shirt from self posed pics, taken in a mirror, with an arm raised, based solely on the how the shirt looks on that raised arm. If poses like that are routine for you, and you are most concerned about looking good so posed, then I guess I can understand it.

I can also understand that, on the Internet, everyone has to find some fatal flaw in something someone else posts. I find it perverse, but I am aware that it is a fact of life.

BTW, you have now ignored -- three times -- my explanation. The shirt you praised is identical to the shirt you bashed. How do you explain that? I offered my explanation. What's yours?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
How does it look with one of the fabulous Mercer OCBDs?

Good for plane?

I have worn the Mercers with it; very trad.

I have also worn this for travel, which was one of the main motivations for getting it in the first place. It's great for long trips. Very comfortable.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that someone will judge the fit of a shirt from self posed pics, taken in a mirror, with an arm raised, based solely on the how the shirt looks on that raised arm. If poses like that are routine for you, and you are most concerned about looking good so posed, then I guess I can understand it.

I can also understand that, on the Internet, everyone has to find some fatal flaw in something someone else posts. I find it perverse, but I am aware that it is a fact of life.

BTW, you have now ignored -- three times -- my explanation. The shirt you praised is identical to the shirt you bashed. How do you explain that? I offered my explanation. What's yours?

isn't it just part of styleforum that people post pics of themselves and someone chimes in with "your pants are too long" or "those lapels are too narrow for your shoulders." people don't normally take these as attacks. how is my comment any different? if your sleeve falls like that in these pics it also likely falls when you put glasses on, when you put your hand to your chin, when you put a fork to your mouth, etc...

the simple answer to your explanation is that your measurements are such that your sleeve might look good, some of the time or most of the time, but they are incorrect as far as insuring that your shirt stays in place. if i were you i would take that set of pictures to your shirtmaker and say, "how can we tweak my measurements so that i always look like the last picture?"

m_wave

Reaction score
Not of my aesthetic, given the length of the jacket and lapel size, but certainly an option for a mature look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads