• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ That sucks, glad you're okay though. How is the bike?

My next helmet:

se3ox4.jpg

JonB27

Reaction score
^The bike does not look to bad it mostly slid on the frame slider. There is no frame damage or engine damage.... All the fairings on the left side need to be replaced, the bar end and clutch lever also... The gas tank has a small chip so that will be replaced also, the swing arm got scuffed and will be replaced with a new one.

So basically everything that even got a minor scratch will be replaced by the dealer with brand new factory parts.

Total estimate came out to almost $4500.

Nice helmet by the way
lol8[1].gif

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonB27
^The bike does not look to bad it mostly slid on the frame slider. There is no frame damage or engine damage.... All the fairings on the left side need to be replaced, the bar end and clutch lever also... The gas tank has a small chip so that will be replaced also, the swing arm got scuffed and will be replaced with a new one.

So basically everything that even got a minor scratch will be replaced by the dealer with brand new factory parts.

Total estimate came out to almost $4500.

Nice helmet by the way
lol8[1].gif

My bike was run over (in front of my apartment) a month or two ago. I ended up paying about $200 (they did about $1200 in damage) because, apparently, there's a new law (within the past couple of years) which states that insurance companies don't have to pay full price for some parts because of wear and tear. This goes for cars as well. I think it applies to pipes, brakes, shocks, etc...

Let me know if you run into this.

JonB27

Reaction score
^ Actually I didn't have that problem the adjuster from the insurance company already went to the dealer and approved the estimate... The check has been made so fortunately nothing is coming out of my pocket... They also made me a seperate check for my gear (full retail price). The insurance company acted very promptly and gave me no issues.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ahhhh... I think I need this exhaust. [/quote] Also, another classic styled bike coming out:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listen to that clutch!

Exhaust sounds nice too...I wish I had recorded my Micron before I sold the bike.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
nearing completion.

right.jpg

kick.jpg

kick...kick...kick...kick...kick...kick...kick...kick...kick...kick...kickputt putt putt putt vroooom

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ My kidneys and teeth hurt just looking at that bike...
laugh.gif

modsquad

Reaction score
Dumb question: can a 125cc trail bike be ridden on the street? I want a bike to ride very short distances in the DC suburbs as part of my commute. I will not be riding the bike more than 5 miles a day, on suburban streets. I want to do this as cheaply as possible and a 125cc trail bike from a big manufacturer like Yamaha or Suzuki of Honda seems like the way to do it. I am 6' tall and weigh 160 pounds.

Thanks for any input.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
As long as it has DOT approved tires, blinkers, lights etc. then most likely yes. It would depend on your state's laws, but a dealer should be able to show you one that meets what you're describing. There are a lot of small engined (<300cc) enduros that are specifically made to be street legal, they're called "dual sport" as in on and off road. 125 is pretty small but I'm sure it will be fine for around town.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modsquad
Dumb question: can a 125cc trail bike be ridden on the street? I want a bike to ride very short distances in the DC suburbs as part of my commute. I will not be riding the bike more than 5 miles a day, on suburban streets. I want to do this as cheaply as possible and a 125cc trail bike from a big manufacturer like Yamaha or Suzuki of Honda seems like the way to do it. I am 6' tall and weigh 160 pounds. Thanks for any input.
Why don't you just get a used Vespa?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I used to ride my 125 dirt bike more than my Vespa for around-towning. On the trailbike - potholes...dont exist...kerbs...dont exist....speedhumps....dont exist. On the Vespa - pothole...OWW...kerb...go around....speedhump...girlfriend falls off back. That said, I still love my Vespa
smile.gif

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indians are coming back... Again...

Also, the V Max is back... Again...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Finally took some pics yesterday after a grueling chain-and-everything-else cleaning session. They made us all jockey cars around to do some more unnecessary work on the building, so I had a nice place to work on it:
ducdeck3ro0.jpg
ducdeck2us4.jpg
ducdeck1fb9.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads