• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

beer plus what???

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have had an epiphany. Finally, and I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a bit late to the party on this one. Beer is versatile. You can add beer to other beverages and make something that's still drinkable.

Our German student ordered a beer and sprite while we were in Rome, this raised a few eyebrows, but he got what he wanted and was happy with it. Remember, he's German. I thought WTF?

Never thought it would be worth tasting, but last night I had poured a glass of lemonade for myself and decided halfway through that I wanted a beer. So I pulled a bottle of summer ale and poured it into the lemonade. It was a thing of beauty.

Of course, I can hardly roll by a tacqueria and not see someone with a Michelada - as I understand, it's a beer with a heavy dose of hot sauce. Might try that one of these days as well, once I run out of lemonade.

Any other beer combinations come to mind?

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beer and lemonade is a shandy - a very common and popular drink in the UK. 'Shandy sipper' is a common gentle tease at someone acting in a less than a manly fashion.

People (normally ladies nowadays) often order a splash of lime cordial with a pint of lager, or just a splash of lemonade in a pint (lemonade top).

Other mixes with beer are a 'mickey mouse' half lager and half bitter (never tried it but some people drink it), snakebite (half lager, half cider), snakebite and black - snakebite with a splash of blackcurrant cordial. A splash of blackcurrant cordial in guiness is also common.

Royal Berk

Reaction score
Turbo Shandy - 1/2 a Pint of Larger & 1 x bottle of Smirnoff Ice. Add a shot of Vodka for extra kick (exercise with caution).

Royal Berk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tangfastic
Beer and lemonade is a shandy - a very common and popular drink in the UK. 'Shandy sipper' is a common gentle tease at someone acting in a less than a manly fashion.

People (normally ladies nowadays) often order a splash of lime cordial with a pint of lager, or just a splash of lemonade in a pint (lemonade top).

Other mixes with beer are a 'mickey mouse' half lager and half bitter (never tried it but some people drink it), snakebite (half lager, half cider), snakebite and black - snakebite with a splash of blackcurrant cordial. A splash of blackcurrant cordial in guiness is also common.

This is common in the UK, however the lemonade over here is more like 7-UP than classic US lemonade.

To be known as "a shandy drinker" is often viewed a derogatory comment.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beer + rufie/xanax (prescription ofcourse!), followed by two red bulls and a jolt cola. Funner time whilst staying in the legal realm is rarer.

-

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drop a flaming shot of amaretto topped with bacardi 151 into a cold beer.

Flaming Dr. Pepper

K

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Drop a flaming shot of amaretto topped with bacardi 151 into a cold beer.

Flaming Dr. Pepper

K

Those are tasty. A Brass Monkey (one version) is beer, usually something in a 40oz. with orange juice added. You could add a scoop of FCOJ to a beer instead, to avoid diluting it so much. It's pretty tasty, assuming the beer isn't OE or Steel Reserve or something awful like that.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Our German student ordered a beer and sprite while we were in Rome, this raised a few eyebrows, but he got what he wanted and was happy with it. Remember, he's German. I thought WTF?

Das ist ein Radler: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radler

In Bavaria they mix "Weissbier" with Cola = Neger, Nega, "Weissbier" with Cola and a dash cherry liqueur = Goaßn Mass, "Weissbier" with sprite = Russen Mass

Berliner Weisse, a special beer with a shot of cherry or woodruff syrup.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Of course, I can hardly roll by a tacqueria and not see someone with a Michelada - as I understand, it's a beer with a heavy dose of hot sauce. Might try that one of these days as well, once I run out of lemonade.
no. that would be disgusting. micheladas contain beer, ice, salt, jugo maggi, lime juice, and a dash of hot sauce. there was a thread on them a while ago if you care to look it up.

bant

Reaction score
beer + some frozen margarita. im not a fan but know people that love it

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Submarine, drop a shotglass of dutch old jenever(holland gin) glass and all into your beer. It doesnt look like much, it sneaks up on you and when it strikes it'll surely sink you!

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Radlers can be good for hot days. I remember having my first in Munich and being surprised about it tasting so good. Then, of course, I quickly realized I was ordering half a beer with some lemonade so I took off my training bra and got back to drinking a full glass of beer like a big boy.

This past 4th of July I had an epiphany as I had a cup of cold beer in one hand while standing in line for TCBY. Yes, sirs, a beer float is good for what ails you.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nootje
Submarine, drop a shotglass of dutch old jenever(holland gin) glass and all into your beer. It doesnt look like much, it sneaks up on you and when it strikes it'll surely sink you!

yaaaaaaar, Oude Jenever can be deadly stuff when you get on a bender. Vaasje, Jenever, Vaasje, Jenever, Vaasje, Jenever, Vaasje, Jenever, Vaasje, Jenever, Vaasje, Jenever, Vaasje, Jenever, FLOOR....

K

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
yaaaaaaar, Oude Jenever can be deadly stuff when you get on a bender. Vaasje, Jenever, Vaasje, Jenever, Vaasje, Jenever, Vaasje, Jenever, Vaasje, Jenever, Vaasje, Jenever, Vaasje, Jenever, FLOOR....

K

Christ almighty, I'd be on the floor after the third Jenever.

And I'm looking rather hard at the beer float. Guinness and chocolate ice cream comes to mind, perhaps with some currant cordial on top. I could do this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads