• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working from home today and it is supposed to be yet another hot one. Somewhere above 100.

I posted some very casual things on this thread over the last two weeks and got interesting feedback suggesting a more trim silhouette, lower rise on the pant, and to not roll my sleeve at the forearm, but to roll it higher. So I am incorporating some of those suggestions here today.

Shirt: Borrelli MTM twill medium blue and white
Pants: Cucinelli (and yes, they are cargo pants). And, in true Cucinelli fashion, they are not hemmed, they are rolled at the cuff.
Shoes: Mantellassi
Belt: RLPL

cucinelli.jpg

skunkworks

Reaction score
^^^ I like the shoes, and I think the cargo pants are an interesting choice. Sleeves def. look better rolled up higher.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nico Samuel Pleninsek
Shoes are ugly
So is the hoody; I mean are we going to the gym or something?

well yes, i was about to go to the gym... but goddamnit is the hoodie really that bad? i def. agree that the shoes are way too bright and obnoxious for that fit.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Shirt: Borrelli MTM twill medium blue and white
Pants: Cucinelli (and yes, they are cargo pants). And, in true Cucinelli fashion, they are not hemmed, they are rolled at the cuff.
Shoes: Mantellassi
Belt: RLPL

this is nice. very 'distinguished casual'....the cargos look to fit very well and they arent anything like a normal cargo pant, which is good.

Your shirt has a nicely prominent collar roll too, almost a bit too aggressive of a roll, but that's ok

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I'd definately place myself within the category of average, especially as most of my posts are during work hours and everything I wear is relative to my work environment, working in dye houses, laundries, sew shops, it can get pretty messy so a jean x tee combo is my daily uniform. I'd have to say that 3/10 for a pink tee with an evil bunny emblazoned across the front, JP jeans in a pretty decent wash and Con's is a tad harsh......but reluctantly accepted because your posts are always fair.
smile.gif

oh, ****...the return of the angry bunny...whatever, about the pink rabbit...but, that wash doesn't look so good from what i can see...maybe just a smidgen better than ftb's diors that look like they sprouted gills... and, leave robbie alone...he just doesn't like you very much...he has his reasons
smile.gif

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, seriously, those Diors are ******* atrocious. I've seen Gap jeans with much nicer washes. These are almost infinitely better.

lost in va

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
When you consider that Virginia beach as a whole hasn't moved past 1984, it would make me futuristic in comparison.

I understand that I'm late on this but I don't think I could take this laying down. It's obvious you went to the strip and stayed there.

What you saw was tourist land and nothing else. Please don't judge the 757 as a whole based on the tourist trap you were stuck in.

CommunistCow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Unholy Matrimony x HG x Con
This style of photoshopping is rather annoying(read: hideous). I really wish you would stop doing it because I'm guessing at the very least it changes the tone/hue of what the clothes look like in real life. Also I think the shirt would look better if you took in the sleeves.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Communist Cow has spoken.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Nothing interesting recently, but with all the other regulars coming back out to play, I guess I'm due.

wayw07108walk.jpg

Just layering neutrals.

Shades of Griege shirt
some undershirt
5EPxSF
Purcells

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fade to [/QUOTE said:
- SUPREME!

Originally Posted by newthunder
IMG_5069.jpg
IMG_5071.jpg
IMG_5076.jpg

vintage x RO x DH x Walsh

- Nice..

Originally Posted by Get Smart
another typical day

paul smith eyes
fred perry italian knit polo
nudie finn grey coated
paul smithxtriumph "dayonta" boots

- I WANT TO BE GS!!!

Back to Topic (bit late - had fires to put out this morning..)

Temp - 16c & sunny
Days Agenda - Friday, no formal meetings, pick the new iPhone, lunch with team & watch the le Tour highlights.
L1020402W.jpg

L1020396.jpg
L1020397.jpg

L1020417W.jpg

L1020423.jpg
L1020427.jpg

L1020429W.jpg

L1020432W.jpg

L1020444W.jpg

Over coat - Chocolate & mocha colour herringbone pattern 3B SB peaked lapel. Wool with 1/2 quilted lining (Giorgio Armani Black Label)
Sports Coat - Wheat/olive 1B SB notched lapel. Mini-zig-zag pattern. Wool/rayon (Giorgio Armani Black Label)
Shirt - White & baby blue bengal stripe (2 mm). Thick 4 mm MOP buttons. 100's 2 Ply Italian cotton. Special order Italian spread collar. Barrel cuff/double button (Jantzen MTO 1st Batch)
Pants - Chocolate grey. FF. Wool twill (Giorgio Armani Black Label)
Socks - Khaki & tan multi stripe
F/wear - lace-up - Chocolate olive long toe blucher with traveller rubber sole (great for airport security). Lambs leather (Prada)
Bag - Khaki green canvas (Zipped tote - Filson)
PS - Powder blue w white edge. Linen (Kent Wang)
Pen - Black body w sterling silver deco cap. Resin. Fountain pen (Marlin Collection)
Pen - Pistachio marble body & black body. Resin. Fountain pen (Delta LE 366 Collection)
Watch - SS 1950 8 Day GMT Ref PAM233"J" on caramel crocodile strap
Accessory - Chocolate flat-wallet (super thin) "intrecciato" leather (Bottega Veneta)
Accessory - Chocolate magnetic money clip "intrecciato" leather (Bottega Veneta)
Accessory - Green leather "intrecciato" key-lanyard (Bottega Veneta)
Frames - Matt pallidium with matt black temples. Titanium. ("P8109" by Porsche Design)
Sun-glasses - Resin retro 60's shape. Tortoise shell (Persol #2803-S)
Odeur - Man2 (COMME des GARCONS) followed by Original Musk "Blend #1" (Kiehls)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads