• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

GiantSwan

Reaction score
I know Get Smart already posted that my suit is the conservative cut, other details include upgraded wool, lapel widened to 2.5", functional cuffs, traditional slash trouser pockets, half break in the trousers, and pull tabs instead of belt loops. The jacket size is similar to a RTW 36-38, trousers are similar to a 29 waist I believe.

Also, I have to agree with what lychyrychy said above: To any potential TaT purchasers, go for the daring suit. In retrospect, I asked for a more conservative cut because I was afraid taking risks with what was (for me at least) a big purchase. I love the suit, but in asking for the looser fit I think I lost what makes many of the other TaT suits so stunning and noteworthy.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Not a Kent Wang X TaT production (though those are lovely too
inlove.gif
) but an entirely TaT production.

I'm quite happy with my KWxTaT shirt (except that I'm a bit between sizes.. too big for 15, too small for 15.75), but I do hope they start collaborating on some MTM shirts soonish. That'd be awesome.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brissyboy
gs are you still taking comments on the layout of the site or are you happy with the way it is now?

I am re-doing the site in August.....to where everything will be self contained and there wont be any need to separately go to the blog, tho I will be incorporating some blogspot aspects but it will all be imbedded into one site, for ease of viewing, as well as being able to constantly update (esp the fabric section since materials run out, new ones added, etc)

swordfish01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GiantSwan
Also, I have to agree with what lychyrychy said above: To any potential TaT purchasers, go for the daring suit. In retrospect, I asked for a more conservative cut because I was afraid taking risks with what was (for me at least) a big purchase. I love the suit, but in asking for the looser fit I think I lost what makes many of the other TaT suits so stunning and noteworthy.

Good advice...

Same here.. That is why I ordered a different color immediately in the house cut...

LawrenceUK

Reaction score
Giant swan

Aside from getting the chest taken in a bit, I think your suit is great, get the waist in a smidge if you want and reduce the leg break and you'll have a perfect modern suit but practical for any setting.

lychyrychy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by swordfish01
Good advice...

Same here.. That is why I ordered a different color immediately in the house cut...

Glad you guys feel the same way
smile.gif

smithsj

Reaction score
I was looking around for shoes to wear with the TaT suit (conservative cut) that I'm waiting for. Do you guys think the Romano Martegani Siena Seam captoe in black would go along good with this style suit? What suggestions can you give?

brissyboy

Reaction score
Can't wait to order mine in early August when I get my exam results!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by smithsj
I was looking around for shoes to wear with the TaT suit (conservative cut) that I'm waiting for. Do you guys think the Romano Martegani Siena Seam captoe in black would go along good with this style suit? What suggestions can you give?

that sounds like a good shoe....I have one pair of Martegani and it's f;ing awesome, one of my fave shoes.....a really good shoe maker that def goes under the radar

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
can I see what the tags on the inside look like?

tagds9.jpg

this is the original inside tag...the new one is same but on white background instead of teal

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend SMSd me while I was at a workshop for law students, saying that my suits were here.
I almost dropped everything right then and there to get them.

I've tried them on. I'm in love. Will post pictures later. Got a 3/roll 2 glen plaid and a navy 1b peak lapel.

GetSmart, you are a genius!

lychyrychy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
My girlfriend SMSd me while I was at a workshop for law students, saying that my suits were here.
I almost dropped everything right then and there to get them.

I've tried them on. I'm in love. Will post pictures later. Got a 3/roll 2 glen plaid and a navy 1b peak lapel.

GetSmart, you are a genius!

Glad you got yours... Just met Jason last week and the wait is definitely agonizing
censored.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gqreader239
wow two suits. you are rolling in dough. hurry up and post those fits.
Rolling, hardly. I just choose not to eat
laugh.gif
. I will post them tomorrow, probably, once the creases are out of them. I am breaking one in right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads