• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

absolute worst possible names

GY!BE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Any of these new names that end with -den are just so offensive to me, especially when given to girls.

EDIT: I just read that "Jayden" was the 18th most popular name in 2007.
baldy[1].gif

My cousin named her two children Zanden and Tayven

huzzah! I'm genuinely worried with the direction children's names are going

rolex

Reaction score
In grade school I remember a named Chastity.

hisroadside

Reaction score
I met a girl in a club named naughty, my absinthe induced drunken self gave her hell for it. an ancestor of mine was actually called desirÃ
00a9.png
Cheval-Crotte notice the twin names because of importance of the two families, the kid was named desiring horse-****. wow. some guy in the fam from the Cheval built a palace when working as a mailman, "palais ideal du facteur cheval" poor soul.....

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I worked on a project for someone named Anita Ho.....as well as Nympha Grubbs

and a lady that work(ed?) for IndyMac Bank back when their stock wasnt worth 44 cents named Dorkus (who was actually pretty hot)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BigHandMan
Science teacher at my high school.

First name: Richard
Last name: Head

lol, reminds me of my high school principal

Richard Panis

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a gentleman named Don K. who frequents the same poker room as me. Obviously not a bad name but when it's announced over the intercom it sounds a lot like "donkey". Considering the setting, I always find it funny.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Armand Hammer.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
lol, reminds me of my high school principal

Richard Panis

His name is redundant.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to convince my girlfriend that our eventual kids should have some unique names. Unfortunately for her, my idea of unique comes from celtic and norse mythology. For example, girls' names: Brynwyn Maeve Brunhild Freyya Aoife Siobhan ...And for boys: Sinfjötli Konáll Sigurd Gunnar I also forgot Sigurd Hjort Maybe I'll make one of them a III and name him after me. I figure one of several thing will happen. 1) My kids will get beat up and be weakings. 2) My kids will get beat up and live up to their celtic/viking names and become tough as nails 3) My kids will be so resentful and angry that they will kill me in my sleep 4) My kids and (then) wife will leave me.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
I figure one of several thing will happen.
1) My kids will get beat up and be weakings.
2) My kids will get beat up and live up to their celtic/viking names and become tought as nails
3) My kids will be so resentful and angry that they will kill me in my sleep

hopefully 2 and 3

I think Loki would be a cool name. full name, Loki Heimdall _____

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
that's one of the best names ever

I prefer his cousin Sledge.

sledgehammer2.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hopefully 2 and 3 I think Loki would be a cool name. full name, Loki Heimdall _____
If 2 and 3 occurred, it'd be completely in line with the celtic/norse lineage, so I guess I couldn't complain about a little patricide. I had considered Loki, but it (and Thor) has been done to death by comics. Also, reading Gaiman's American Gods kind of killed the mystique of that name, due to it's overall cheeseballism.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads