• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtmindc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
it's funny you say that, because the boots i'm wearing up there are opening ceremony.
i probably won't have enough time to go into the city though
plain.gif

this sucks... i'll only be able to shop mall brands. any notable stuff at saks 5th avenue?

I've had great experiences with Uniqlo pique polos so far -- holding their shape after daily wear, $20 each, and no gaudy logos (even on the tags). They fit pretty well on me (though I'm not as thin as you), but they're slimmer than Polo's classic fit. Certainly worth trying on, and in my case, buying three.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score

postnobills

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I believe one helpful tip would be to avoid pieces with gigantic animals embroidered on them.

I always liked those vintage t-shirts with big pictures of animal faces screenprinted on them. I have one with a fat picture of a white tiger. I got it in fifth grade. But it fits even better now.

n594573790_704234_3862.jpg

You can kind of see it. See the nose? (If you didn't know, I'm the one blowing some mysterious fruit toward the camera.)

Oh. And sorry for those...thighs...blinding the camera. I don't even know who that is. Just try not to pay attention to them. Try hard.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
just noticed while typing this out that everything I'm wearing today is Paul Smith, head to toe. except the watch is Hamilton and belt is Target or something

60908picuh0.jpg

Love this look, the sleeves are just the right length for the ink on the shoulders (which looks awesome, atleast judging from what's visible). Excellent stuff, these last few GS fits have been some of the best yet.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
gap

you have a good memory

then again, i have a pretty limited capsule wardrobe
laugh.gif

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
jul10.jpg

close up shot of embroidery on right sleeve, it is a bird's nest:

embroidery.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

stainofmind

Reaction score
6808picnv0.jpg

Pringle shirt
Jcrew light cotton trou
fred perry ribbon belt
Paul Smith antique white brogues

Nice.

Can anyone tell me more about the shirt? Other than it is a Pringle. Like what the style is, or where I could find one.

Go easy on me, I'm new.

Thanks.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stainofmind
Can anyone tell me more about the shirt? Other than it is a Pringle. Like what the style is, or where I could find one.

thanks. not sure if there is an official name for this style...other than it's based on the contrast collar type of business longsleeve shirt that was really big in the 80s. This one has a micro-buttondown collar, fabric is like a finer oxford weave cotton. Pringle made a few shirts in this style, in different fabrics. I have another one which is the same cut but fabric is dark navy gingham. Not sure where you could get it now, I got mine at Bloomingdales at the beg of spring.

*I just remembered I saw on Barneys.com, that Band of Outsiders has a similar shirt for sale ($69 marked down from 200), light blue oxford with white contrast collar. I just looked and it's not there today but I've found that items appear and disappear on a daily basis. items that werent there yesterday are there now, and this shirt (which had a few sizes avail from Med - XL) isnt there now but it'll probably be back in next day or two

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
How about a polo embroidered with a silver Mt.Zion?
FTW (with a memorial orchestra and tra-la-la band on back)

stainofmind

Reaction score
thanks. not sure if there is an official name for this style...other than it's based on the contrast collar type of business longsleeve shirt that was really big in the 80s. This one has a micro-buttondown collar, fabric is like a finer oxford weave cotton. Pringle made a few shirts in this style, in different fabrics. I have another one which is the same cut but fabric is dark navy gingham. Not sure where you could get it now, I got mine at Bloomingdales at the beg of spring.

*I just remembered I saw on Barneys.com, that Band of Outsiders has a similar shirt for sale ($69 marked down from 200), light blue oxford with white contrast collar. I just looked and it's not there today but I've found that items appear and disappear on a daily basis. items that werent there yesterday are there now, and this shirt (which had a few sizes avail from Med - XL) isnt there now but it'll probably be back in next day or two

Great info! Thank you, Get Smart.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stainofmind
Great info! Thank you, Get Smart.
Opening Ceremony has a similar shirt as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads