• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
f2669f67.jpg

52ef619c.jpg

Shirt: cheapest one I could find at Nordy Rack and then converted to short sleeve by my tailor
Shorts: J Crew (11" inseam in stores, shortened to 9.5" and slimmed to 10" cuff)
Belt: Jcrew
Shoes: Sperry
Cravat: ebay
Sunglasses: Randolph Engineering
Watch: Seiko Black Monster

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hummingbird
Phat Guido, excellent as always. Despite your foibles, you're a damn fine dresser, and have an amazing sense of style. Bravo!
- I am seeking medication, as therapy had no effect..

Originally Posted by Get Smart
Thanks Phatso.....good looking kids btw. hoppas? I bet you give great gifts on their bdays and Xmas too!
- HAY! WHO YOU CALLING FATSO? Oh.. PHATSO.. That's Ok..
- Um, what do you mean by"hoppas" - & yes they are Eurasion..
- Damn right I'm their BEST uncle!

Originally Posted by newthunder
IMG_5177.jpg
IMG_5180.jpg
IMG_5184.jpg

RO x Notify

- BAM! Thank you Maam! Damn you look good in denim..
- Great hip to waist ratio..

Back to Topic

Temp - 16c & cloudy
Days Agenda - Thursday, no formal meetings & dinner with friends

L1020339W.jpg

L1020353.jpg
L1020354.jpg

L1020356.jpg
L1020357.jpg

L1020366W.jpg

L1020376W.jpg

L1020380W.jpg

Over coat - Black navy 4B SB notched lapel. Super fine Piacenza cashmere (Bespoke - JH Cutler)
Suit - Navy mini-basket weave 2B SB notched lapel. Wool crepe (Giorgio Armani Black Label)
Shirt - White & blue micro zig-zag weave. Thick 4 mm MOP buttons. 100's 2 Ply Italian cotton. Special order Italian spread collar. Barrel cuff/double button (Jantzen MTO 1st Batch)
Tie - Navy & red wool silk knit (80's Chanel)
Socks - Varying blues & white multi stripe
F/wear - lace-up - Black long toe blucher. Calf leather (Prada)
Belt - Black (reversible tan on the other side). Calf leather w SS H Buckle which I had powder coated so it is now lead in colour (Hermes)
Bag - Olive "Saffiano Travel" leather treatment, soft case, size M. Pressed calf leather (Prada)
PS - White w royal blue bengal stripe. Cotton (Hacket - a gift from my fine red headed friend)
Pen - Pistachio marble body & black body. Resin. Fountain pen (Delta LE 366 Collection)
Pen - Black body w ivory cap. Resin. Roller-ball (Delta LE Planet Collection)
Watch - SS IWC Portuguese Chronograph Ref 3714-04 on dark blue crocodile strap (black dial with silver registers) aka "Panda"
Accessory - Chocolate flat-wallet (super thin) "intrecciato" leather (Bottega Veneta)
Accessory - Chocolate magnetic money clip "intrecciato" leather (Bottega Veneta)
Accessory - SS tie-clip with "intrecciato" treatment (Bottega Veneta)
Accessory - Green leather "intrecciato" key-lanyard (Bottega Veneta)
Frames - Black with yellow inside resin (Oliver Peoples for Paul Smith 1998)
Sun-glasses - Resin retro 60's shape. Tortoise shell (Persol #2803-S)
Odeur - Cuiron (Helmut Lang) followed by Original Musk "Blend #1" (Kiehls)

postnobills

Reaction score
Originally Posted by newthunder
IMG_5177.jpg
IMG_5180.jpg
IMG_5184.jpg

RO x Notify

This looks splendid. Love the grey jacket and black shirt.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
L1020339W.jpg

L1020366W.jpg

L1020376W.jpg

L1020380W.jpg

I hope to be as cool as you when I reach your current age.

Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
just noticed while typing this out that everything I'm wearing today is Paul Smith, head to toe. except the watch is Hamilton and belt is Target or something

60908picuh0.jpg

Great fit GS, I have to say that your outfits have influenced me pretty greatly...

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
flexin mah guns

DSC_0045.JPG

in other news, i only have 4-5 "cool" t shirts/polos (the above polo being cool), and i need suggestions on what tops to buy ASAP because i'm going to milan on saturday ... going to be there for a month.

heeeeelp meeeeee

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I believe one helpful tip would be to avoid pieces with gigantic animals embroidered on them.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I believe one helpful tip would be to avoid pieces with gigantic animals embroidered on them.
do you have any more equally sagacious advice, because i would be totally floored. wait, no. i would not be floored, because from you, such brilliant comments are the norm.
worship.gif
and godspeed u black empror, i'm detecting an air of sarcasm. i guess it's not really an extremely refined-looking polo but whatevs. any advice is appreciated.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
do you have any more equally sagacious advice, because i would be totally floored. wait, no. i would not be floored, because from you, such brilliant comments are the norm.

worship.gif

and godspeed u black empror, i'm detecting an air of sarcasm. i guess it's not really an extremely refined-looking polo but whatevs.

any advice is appreciated.

I don't think he's trying to be a dick, and honestly, I think it's good advice. That's a pretty gaudy logo.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There are, I'm sure, people in the world, and in Milan specifically, that think that polo is cool. I doubt any of them are hanging out in the S&D subforum. If you've spent any time here, you ought to know that by now.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got it, i accept the fact that the RL polo isn't the greatest, but it fits ok and the point is, i really don't have many good tops or else i would have worn something different. based on my picture, what type of t-shirts/ polos do you think would fit well and look good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics