• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Results of the Scottsdale, AZ trip

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, this trip could have used some more eye candy-- there were a couple of smokin hot girls at fashion square, but they were power shopping pretty hard.

i've heard from others that wildfish is good, I admit I make a habit of eating a sushi lunch at the Kona Grill restaurant in the mall, and should plan to go to some other nearby places in the future.

hope the suit arrives to the house soon, i'm getting anxious-- and i'd like to take some photos of the interesting chest-stitching under the lapels to see what you guys think of this one.

Rollo Tomasi

Reaction score
I know that solid medium blue suit you speak of. It does have a nice hand and the fabric should be suitable for the desert (especially the 115 degrees in Phoenix or Tucson). My next blue suit purchase is this blue birdseye Kiton 14 micron that's currently in the NM Fall collection. At a $7000 pricepoint, it will have to wait until the next Private Night.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi
I know that solid medium blue suit you speak of. It does have a nice hand and the fabric should be suitable for the desert (especially the 115 degrees in Phoenix or Tucson). My next blue suit purchase is this blue birdseye Kiton 14 micron that's currently in the NM Fall collection. At a $7000 pricepoint, it will have to wait until the next Private Night.

that sounds like a superb suit! actually, i'd be interested in seeing photos of items in your existing wardrobe. as for the $$$$ on your new suit, I think that's about the price of Brioni MTM these days given the weak dollar, so it isn't TOO bad for a great suit. I might be skipping the MTM suit i had planned to purchase this year, in favor of that RTW brioni, the zegna milano suit, and sportcoat. guess we'll see how my bonuses go this year, maybe......
laugh.gif

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to test-drive the new tie with the suit I bought it for......whichever styleforum member had recommended I wear a solid tie with this suit, thanks for the great suggestion! I think I'll break this combo out in NYC later this year, when I make a pilgrimage to manhattan/ wall street!

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Wow - that looks great!

Way too nice for Tucson
tounge.gif

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Wow - that looks great!

Way too nice for Tucson
tounge.gif

yeah, this is a NYC/ Chicago suit, not an AZ suit. I have to admit, i normally only wear it when visiting a larger city.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, here's the new suit-- sleeves still have to be adjusted, the NM in Scottsdale doesn't have the ability to do handstitched sleeve buttonholes, so I'll have them shortened and finished by my favorite tailor in Atlanta.

photos aren't very good, will have to have the wife take a photo in the living room for better lighting.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn you're lucky RTW fits you so well. So you don't have any problems with the drop in the trousers?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bounce2.gif
given my tiny butt, I guess the trousers weren't a problem-- looked pretty good with the braces, although higher on the waist than they were intended for.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you! the sleeves feel really long on the suit, really need them trimmed down-- they're really bunched up on me right now.

I tried to photograph the unique stitching hidden by the lapels; don't think I have a suit with this type of stuff.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
suit and tie both look superb foxx. the suit a zegna milano right?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Omar--

Nope, Brioni. I think the model is NM Nomenta, or something like that.

Rollo Tomasi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Omar--

Nope, Brioni. I think the model is NM Nomenta, or something like that.

Unfortunately, the photos do not do justice to the unique hand of the suit, since it's a bit lighter blue. It looks like a dashing combo. Be mindful of the tie, as the light blue weave tends to snag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads