• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A store - which of these brands would you be interested in

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it's outside the options, but I'd like a good online shoe source, with the usual suspects for shoes that can be worn with business clothes or jeans (PS, NDC, F&B).

The DB discount on better Fred Perry and Baracuta would be great, as well.

dave

Reaction score
+ 1 on Paul Smith and Fred Perry.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
to be honest for BoO you should only really stock the shirts and ties, it seems the rest of the pieces are out of alot of people's ranges
And Get Smart's comment after. Too lazy to back up for multiquote. Apply the comments to SPURR also. I voted for Margiela but upon reconsideration, it doesn't really make sense.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Even so, it sounds like a waste of time. I think they should be thinking more Barney's Co-op and less Barney's NY.

Also I have seen Co-op stores that carry Margiela.

Plus Ill def be a buyer esp of that trench!!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
MMM def doesn't fit in with the concept or vision of the store.

I think everything selb said would be perfect along with an impressively laid out webstore.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
MMM def doesn't fit in with the concept or vision of the store.

I think everything selb said would be perfect along with an impressively laid out webstore.

I think that a store that has some random stuff that is just there because the owner likes it take a store to the next level - the visionary level. In my mind, this is what makes Alan Bilzerian, who stocks James Perse and Converse next to Ann Demeulemeester and MA+, and then throws in Lanvin to boot, a truly great buyer - he buys what he likes, period.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Right but those labels are accompanied by others of the same level.

Throwing in mmm into the mix in this case just doesn't make sense.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Right but those labels are accompanied by others of the same level.

Throwing in mmm into the mix in this case just doesn't make sense.

SPURR is up near the same price point.

I'd like to add Dries van Noten to that mix, though. I could see that selling to a sophisticated but more conservative consumer. Maybe Marni too, but that stuff is really expensive.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think its about the price point, but the luster of the brand. Having all these denim centric brands and then randomly throwing in MMM in there (regardless of what the buys are) is going to be odd. Granted I've never been to the store, but I do feel like the aesthetic of SPURR (even though I'm not a fan) and BoO would fit the more casual nature of the store over advanced designer brands.

Now if Mauro was interested in buying a couple of designer brands like Dries and Margiela and starting up whole new section, I could see that working. If that is what he's going for then it'd probably be better to just open up a new store.

fosho78

Reaction score
If I could, I'd vote twice for Michael J. Krell, Band of Outsiders, and RRL.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

KEYKOO - gets a gold star

I am opening up a couple news stores in the next couple months ( knock on wood) and Possibly a killer flagship store for spring.

The concept will be totally different from the Denim Bar.

There are other brands I would like to carry but I was hoping that everyone would think that a lot of the brands despite price is the qulaity and craftmensship that goes into the collections.
When you see the new stores you will get it.
I am trying to make a full lifestyle store so shoes , bags, glasses, etc have been thought of.
Keep it coming I start buying in one week!!!
Best regards and thanks again!
MAuro

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
<needs a well-paying part-time job, Mauro, preferably that offers healthy discounts on clothing>

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
call me sir.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dries, please. In general, much more wearable than Margiela.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads