• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zero. I only run when someone's chasing me.
smile.gif

I'm currently trying to gain weight, so I'm avoiding cardio. I really should play some basketball soon, though, since I suspect some of my recent weight gain is fat.

tyates

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwied82
im not really training for anything in particular.. just run because i enjoy it... but basically i like to be able to stay in decent half-marathon shape year round.

today: 3 miles in 17:06, 1 mile in 6:00, 2 x 0.5 mi. in 2:30 each, then 1 mile in 6:15, with a couple minutes (untimed, so not sure how long actually) rest in between each.

I see. I'm not sure of the intensity of your runs but I'm guessing your somewhere about a 1:15 half mary shape right now?

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
let's see, for this week, walking in miles:

5, 3.35, 3.35, 0, 5.5, 2.7, 5

the Garmins are great, i've got an older model Forerunner that i use all the time.

-Jeff

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tyates
I see. I'm not sure of the intensity of your runs but I'm guessing your somewhere about a 1:15 half mary shape right now?

i think more like 1:17-1:18... 1:15 would be nice though
smile.gif

anyway... today ran what was supposed to be a 5k but the course was a little short. came through 3 miles in 16:28 and the finish was <10 seconds after that. + 1 mile warm-up before and 3 miles easy afterwards.

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
Just got back, did another 3 miles in 30 minutes
smile.gif
i'm really glad i'm hitting that mark consistently
smile.gif

anyways, a bit of a scare on the way home...
I was 2 blocks away from home...and a hype song comes up on my ipod
im feeling pretty damn good after the run.. so i decide to run full speed home..
As im gaining speed... this HUGE dog comes from out the shadows... and starts to chase me... its a bige dog... it couldve dont serious damage if it caught me...
so im still running.. and its about 7-9 feet behind me... i juke in between this car and this traffic sign... and thank god.. the dog almost hits the car..
but as i ran near the pole... my right arm hit it full speed, giving me a nice bleeding bruise down the length of my forearm...
kinda shook right now although ill admit i was laffing when the dog almost hit the car, im pretty sure if i were any slower id be dead
eek.gif

Mentos

Reaction score
9.5. Didn't really time it (I just try to keep the bpms around 165-170), but it took about about an hour and a half, including not finding the trail I was seeking and wandering around a bit.

Doing a tri next weekend, and this was my last big workout--I'll play it cool for this week.

jamoo

Reaction score
Ran my first road race yesterday - Calgary half marathon. I came in at 1:47:45, 2:15 under my goal. I'm looking to gear up for a full now, but I'm not sure I'll have enough time to train up for August 17th. Considering Portland in October.

changed

Reaction score
just ran 1 mile at 7.20 per mile. Not my best, but I ate a shitload of Indian food last evening and ate some drugs.

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
I ran 3 miles yesterday. I used to love running, but since this is the first that I've run consistently in several years, I'm hating it. It's boring, and it's jarring. I can't wait to enjoy it again.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Running is for girls, real men stay and fight
tounge.gif

jwied82

Reaction score
tonight - 12 miles in 1'17'45.
Really hot and humid here tonight so I was sweating like crazy... 85 with 77% humidity at 10:30PM, which is pretty normal for July in the midwest. But until the last couple days this summer has been surprisingly mild here, which has been nice for running.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
45 minutes on treadmill, 5.15 miles, so a smidge under a 9 minutes mile, and I was gassing. Non-lifting day. I am definitely not a runner. This was a &quot;long&quot; run for me. Haven't done more than about a 10K in my life, 7 miles at the most. I usually just do 30 minutes. That extra 15 minutes felt like an hour.

weeks

Reaction score
3.5 miles in approximately 30 minutes last night.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changed
just ran 1 mile at 7.20 per mile. Not my best, but I ate a shitload of Indian food last evening and ate some drugs.

For some reason, it cracks me up when people say this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads