• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11.png

22.png

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that sooner or later we're gonna find out that Phat Guido is Loose Change's long-lost father.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not as out of place as you think. Your dress shoes in a running forum is completely different. We all have different definitions of streetwear and a suit works just fine. Are you against the Thick as Thieves thread?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
suit is fine in this thread.. anyone care to comment on my shirt above, i got it for free, and it is definitely not SF friendly

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
suit is fine in this thread.. anyone care to comment on my shirt above, i got it for free, and it is definitely not SF friendly
Post a pic of the bloody shirtless man you stole it from, and maybe then it will be comment worthy.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd Morsel
Very nice. IWC is beautiful. But why are you posting this in Streetwear and Denim?
- why not?
Originally Posted by Mushroom77
Because it's awesome, and he can. PG, one of these days I'm gonna find out where you live and follow you around, I think (I'm also in Sydney) :p Oh, and can I ask why you keep your pens in your front pocket? Doesn't it ruin the lines of the suit a bit? [EDIT] Damnit, beaten.
- I started to keep the pens in my front pocket as they are too bulky for the inside pocket & coincidentally ruin the line of my coat? Then it just became my thing. - good luck in finding me.. BTW where in Sydney do you live? I live in the inner-east. - I like the fit of the coat
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I have a feeling that sooner or later we're gonna find out that Phat Guido is Loose Change's long-lost father.
- stay tuned..

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- why not?

The pics just seem better suited to the "what are you wearing" thread in Men's Clothing rather than the Streetwear and Denim forum. I thought my statement was pretty clear... It just makes sense to keep some sort of separation between the two.

Just one man's opinion. Carry on
smile.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Jil Sander surfer polo Raf by Raf Simons grid shorts Jil Sander patent sandals
surf.jpg

Your best investment right now would be a personal stylist. This (and other outfits) are basically higher end versions of what fathers wear to the grocery store or what frat boys wear to parties. If you're going to spend the money on designer items, at least make them work. Why would you wear patent sandals with those shorts? The textures are totally contrasting way too much and the colors are just plain odd. Sleek and sporty up top, daddy around the waist, and space cadet on your feet. Make up your mind. The tatt doesn't help, either. Ugh.

oneblood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Your best investment right now would be a personal stylist. This (and other outfits) are basically higher end versions of what fathers wear to the grocery store or what frat boys wear to parties. If you're going to spend the money on designer items, at least make them work.

Why would you wear patent sandals with those shorts? The textures are totally contrasting way too much and the colors are just plain odd. Sleek and sporty up top, daddy around the waist, and space cadet on your feet.

Make up your mind.

The tatt doesn't help, either.

Ugh.

Translation: He thinks you dress like a re re.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle

It looks fine.

Has anyone ever told you that you look like Jermaine from Flight of the Conchords?

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Why would you wear patent sandals with those shorts.........

Why ask why Why?

postnobills

Reaction score
So I know these pictures don't display my outfit super well, but thought I'd post 'em here anyway. You can still kind of see the fit. I think you can guess which one I am. 'Twas a swell day in the city.
n764387997_665463_5369.jpg
n764387997_665456_3966.jpg
n764387997_665450_2879.jpg
Generic glasses from some Berkeley boutique Vintage black cotton jacket (no tags on it, purchased at Crossroads) Champion V-neck "Urban Outfitters" Purple "Tight" Pants (go ahead, laugh) Fossil Messenger Clarks Beeswax Desert Boots Open to criticism. =) And don't mind my hypebeast friends. =P

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Your best investment right now would be a personal stylist. This (and other outfits) are basically higher end versions of what fathers wear to the grocery store or what frat boys wear to parties. If you're going to spend the money on designer items, at least make them work.

I think SoCal's problem is that he just has too many clothes. When he steps into his closet, he's too dizzied by the possibilities for an outfit for him to assemble one that actually works well together.

Not that I have anything against SoCal. He seems like a great guy, but he's probably my least favorite WAYWT regular, and probably the one that spends most on clothes.

His fits usually seem at least a little tonedeaf to me, like he's trying to hypebeast in designer clothes. Not every piece in your outfit can be an impact piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads