• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I think Forrest's face is proof that he didn't take those rounds.

Come on man, you can't be serious when you say that. The guy has a ton of scar tissue on his face and it opens up in every single fight. You can't honestly say that you're going to judge the fight by what his face looked like. The way I saw it, Forest pushed the action, he had better aggression, better "octagon control" and won this fight no question. I didn't really see Rampage do much other than throw some leather now and then. Sure he had a few punches land clean, but Forest was a lot more active and aggressive.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Basically I don't think you could say anybody won that fight the way they scored it, I want round 6 until somebody gets der ass whupped.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I want round 6 until somebody gets der ass whupped.

Said Jackson: "He really hurt my leg. ... He just whupped ******."...so there you go
smile.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I was there when he said that but I'm calling LIES

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
can anyone point me at a website where I can watch the fight (before the UFC's lawyers get hold of it)?

capnpyro

Reaction score
I agree, I like both fighters quite a lot, but I scored it every round for rampage except 2 which I gave 10-8 Forrest. My thinking is you can't give a split a decision to a challenger on a title shot. And that was by my eyes in no way a unanimous.

capnpyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
can anyone point me at a website where I can watch the fight (before the UFC's lawyers get hold of it)?

mma-tv.net, you may have to donate to sign up but you'll be able to watch live/get downloads of any future fights.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
TVU player FTW

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am watching the fights tonight and will give my expert opinion then.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even Rampage said that he got his ass kicked in that fight. Griffin isn't able to inflict the damage to Rampage, but the fight was Griffin's.

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
I don't see a big debate here. As odoreater said, if you go by the old standbys like octagon control and who showed more aggression, Forrest had my boy Rampage beat. Jackson still had me laughing in the post-fight, though. Supposedly Chuck is up next, but I wouldn't be too jazzed for a Rampage-Chuck III should Liddell pull out a W.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Dude, please no. Machida for the title fight. Rampage vs. Jardine. I'm sick of rematches.

To quote Jackson: You have to beat the champ to be the champ. At this event, that really didn't happen. I think Jackson should still be holding the belt.

My opinion on this fight is this: 2 out of 3 judges gave round 1 to Griffin. That alone is bullshit. In terms of UFC rules, I do think Griffin had this fight. He outdid Jackson in control and aggression. Still, though. I don't think he deserves the belt.

shimmyt

Reaction score
It all basically comes down to I truly believe if this fight went to a decision that Dana was going to give it to Forrest. Rampage had his chances to finish off Forrest and wouldn't / couldn't do it. So that's on him. To the judges though check this out from mmamania.com:

Quoteworthy:

Adalaide Byrd who scored it 48-46, gave 4 and 5 to Jackson and Griffin 1, 2 and 3 with 2 as 10-8

Nelson Hamilton had it 48-46 with 1 and 4 for Jackson, and Griffin getting 2 10-8

Roy Silbert had it 49-46 with only round 4 for Jackson.

The scoring of the light heavyweight championship bout at UFC 86 has come under some fire "” mostly everyone besides the judges felt the bout was much closer than the numbers indicated. Not taking anything away from Forrest Griffin "” who shocked the world last night with his upset of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson "” but it didn't seem like he won the bout in such convincing fashion. In fact, according to Dave Meltzer, those in press row were split between a close Griffin win and a draw. Regardless, Griffin earned the improbable win ... even though he was visibly not so sure himself of the victor when Bruce Buffer was reading the results.
Now next match wise I said this in the bar and I'm going to say it here, Dana got a woody thinking about Forrest v Chuck (which it really should be Lyoto Machida but I can't see him getting his title fight before Chuck) in December, and Rampage v Wanderlei in January or something. Now you throw in Lyoto for either of those two fights and I could soft of see that happening too.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Dude, please no. Machida for the title fight. Rampage vs. Jardine. I'm sick of rematches.

As much as he is being hyped, I don't think Machida deserves a title shot yet. He hasn't beaten any of the top guys in his division yet. I think he needs one more fight before he gets a title shot and he needs to beat either Liddell, Silva, Rashad, or Rampage in that fight.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Well FWIW, Compustrike came to the same conclusion as the UFC judges....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads