• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Happening

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
I was driving doing nothing on the shores of Great Salt Lake, when they put it on the air, I put it in the hammer lane. I soon forgot myself and I forgot about the brake. I forgot about all laws and I forgot about the rain. They were talking on the 9 and all across the amy band, across the road they were turning around and headed south with me. It got so crowded on the road I started driving in the sand. My head was feeling scared, but my heart was feeling free. The desert turned to mud, it seems that everybody heard. Everybody was remembering to forget they had the chills. And I heard the voices on a broadcast from up on the bird. They were getting interviewed by some Goodman whose name was Bill. I'm almost there to Vegas where they're puttin' on a show. They've come so far, I've lived this long, at least I must just go and say. "Hello."

confused.gif

Jon.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KhouriC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by datasupa
Signs is like the marsupialed lovechild of M. Night and WotW. Aliens destroyed by water? But....really???

I take exception to this, i really liked signs when i saw it in the theaters and will still watch it when i see it on TBS/USA.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
f90790panv0.jpg

Especially given the promotional poster for the movie, I think the reference was apt.

3 Prague Winters

Reaction score
Originally Posted by datasupa
Signs is like the marsupialed lovechild of M. Night and WotW. Aliens destroyed by water? But....really???

LOL...and the aliens landed on a planet that is mostly water
eh.gif
eh.gif
rotflmao.gif

maybe Signs was a comedy?

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw it last week, and it was total crap!... had to put in my 2 cents

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Yah....I really didn't like it either.

I was waiting for that great plot twist at the end like in The Sixth Sense or The Village.
I also didn't like there was no real explanation of what was happening.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What everyone else said. And, if you're going to cultivate a movie villain, stay away from trees, please. If you have to depend on really windy days to heighten the level of fear in the viewer, watching trees sway from side to side, than you know that the project should be abandoned, and you, M Night, should be chastised with a steel whip.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't even think it's worthy of being on DVD, VHS maybe.
laugh.gif

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
What everyone else said. And, if you're going to cultivate a movie villain, stay away from trees, please. If you have to depend on really windy days to heighten the level of fear in the viewer, watching trees sway from side to side, than you know that the project should be abandoned, and you, M Night, should be chastised with a steel whip.

The scariest scenes were when the wind was blowing really hard and everyone ran for their lives. Pathetic.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The zoo scene was a ******* joke. I hope I'm not spoiling it for anyone, but if you saw that part, you should have already walked out.
Originally Posted by shoe
i heard that SHyamalan lost millions on this film and the last one Lady in the Water. will he stop making movies now?
He should stop writing. Anything. A grocery list might be the plot of his next movie.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
A grocery list might be the plot of his next movie.
A grocery list... with a scary twist at the end???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads