• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did intervals this morning--Just sprinting the straights on the track and jogging the curves. Felt pretty good (well, except the alst few sprints), but it was the first time I really pushed it, speedwise, in months. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Antonio Centeno

Reaction score
3 today. Had an interesting find, a small purse with a Bible, hymnal guide, and crayons. Left it hanging on a nearby sign. If you lost this, contact me
smile.gif

Will see if it's there tomorrow.

Half Honky

Reaction score
5k every day for the past couple weeks, coming in at around 22 minutes each...if my stomach's feeling brave I'll mix it up with 20 minutes of HIIT. My knees are starting to feel it so it might be time to replace my 1.5-year-old Mizuno Wave Inspires. I've gotta step up my game in lieu of this thread...

elijahj

Reaction score
Those who are doing HIIT running, are you seeing any better results from it then just standard jogging or running?

efujobu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by elijahj
Those who are doing HIIT running, are you seeing any better results from it then just standard jogging or running?

yep, but then again my goal is to maintain as much muscle as possible. But if you are just trying to lose "weight" in general, then running will do the trick.

elijahj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by efujobu
yep, but then again my goal is to maintain as much muscle as possible. But if you are just trying to lose "weight" in general, then running will do the trick.

I just stopped bulking and started cutting so I can see my abs, so i'm trying to lose some belly fat. Everyday I walk or run 6 miles , but it has pretty much been at a steady pace. I will switch it up and give that running style a try.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by efujobu

HIIT is worse than steady state cardio for preserving muscle. HIIT is pretty ***********, actually.

tyates

Reaction score
Did about 11.5 today w/o a watch.
Originally Posted by jwied82
11 miles tonight in 1:11:30.
Just curious, are you training for something?

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tyates
Did about 11.5 today w/o a watch.

Just curious, are you training for something?

im not really training for anything in particular.. just run because i enjoy it... but basically i like to be able to stay in decent half-marathon shape year round.

today: 3 miles in 17:06, 1 mile in 6:00, 2 x 0.5 mi. in 2:30 each, then 1 mile in 6:15, with a couple minutes (untimed, so not sure how long actually) rest in between each.

freshDenim

Reaction score
Three 7 minutes mostly everyday. I have just recently increased to about 4 (but just testing ..we'll see)

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Half *****
5k every day for the past couple weeks, coming in at around 22 minutes each...if my stomach's feeling brave I'll mix it up with 20 minutes of HIIT. My knees are starting to feel it so it might be time to replace my 1.5-year-old Mizuno Wave Inspires. I've gotta step up my game in lieu of this thread...

Originally Posted by shoe
yes, this thread has given me some motivation and a competitive spirit. ive been trying to step up in my running/fitness level too because of this. cool.

Wow like i've said before im glad to see this thread take off so well
smile.gif
Its been giving me motivation also, and some great advice for running! It's great to know so many people on these forums have so much experience and knowledge to share
happy.gif

I did another 3 miles yesterday, went out and bought some nice running shoes (Asics Gel-Nimbus 9, In a wicked Gold/Silver colorway
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
) Ran with them right out the box, super comfy! although my left foot did blister due to a lack of arch support (my right foot was fine, wierd
confused.gif
) Just bought some new insoles, They should be good to go, even comfier now!
I actually want to buy a pedometer/timer/heart rate monitor, i saw some nice running watches that had all these features, i dont want something bulky... any reccomendations? just got in so i didn't get to do any reasearch, but ill google after i post, just thought id throw it up there lol

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont own any, but Garmin is suppose to be good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads