• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

bearlydavid

Reaction score
Jeez whats with all the Starcraft hate... That is quite possibly one of the greatest games ever made.

And saying that the game is simple, is a severe understatement, that is by far one of the hardest RTS games I have ever played, the balance of the races is sheer perfection, the idea that you can not just over run the enemy, but have to micro (one of the reasons I love the game but hate it as well) *Of course in terms of gameplay I am mostly talking about multi-player*

Starcraft 2 = t3h s3x

somecallmebj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bearlydavid
And saying that the game is simple, is a severe understatement, that is by far one of the hardest RTS games I have ever played, the balance of the races is sheer perfection, the idea that you can not just over run the enemy, but have to micro (one of the reasons I love the game but hate it as well) *Of course in terms of gameplay I am mostly talking about multi-player*

The adage comes to mind: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Indubitably one of the reasons it has taken so long to finally see a sequel.

Originally Posted by Reggs
"Zerg rush" didn't become popular gaming terminology because it's ineffective.

http://ozr.ytmnd.com/

It's actually quite ineffective and easy to defend against. Not likely to work against a seasoned player.
teacha.gif

Then again, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.
plain.gif

bearlydavid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
"Zerg rush" didn't become popular gaming terminology because it's ineffective.

http://ozr.ytmnd.com/

That is the balance part... Back when spawn pools were 150 minerals... Yes it was very hard to stop

But after the last patch they raised it to 200... So you could still do it... But it was a little harder.

So you really can't do the zergling rush like you use to...

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I had no idea the US release date of FFIV 3d remake was so soon. I almost wish i didn't play half of it in japanese already. Not that the dialogue is different but still. Also, i just realized that the 3d remake of Dragon Quest IV comes out in september. I never got to play the whole game when i was younger as i just rented it for a week or two and then it became impossible to find for a reasonable price. I'm excited to get to finally play it as an adult (well, as much of an adult as a guy waiting for dragon quest IV can be).

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you guys hear about the Chrono Trigger for DS? If it's a straight port I'm not really interested, but if it's a FFIII/IV style remake, I'm all over it. Judging by the language of the press release, I'm leaning toward the former.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Port with "enhancements". I don't like the FF III/IV Nintendo 64 era 3D. I wish they had done with those what they did with the Dragon Quest IV re-release. That's gorgeous. Speaking of gorgeous JRPGs, I've definitely grown tired of them, but a play through the Tales of Vesperia demo has made it one of my most anticipated games of the year. Seems to be in the Tales mold with pretty solid pseudo-ARPG battles and incredibly cheesy, stilted dialog and embarrassing anime-inspired story but the graphics...ahhhhh. So pretty. I'll take a solid, basic RPG any day if it's going to look like Vesperia.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've played 2D Chrono Trigger enough and you probably have too. I'm getting pretty tired of Square treating their back catalog like an ATM -- they were on the right track with FF3 and 4. What did they do with DQ4?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm with dusty. I grew up on ff 1, 4, 5 and 6 + ct and SoM but there is only so many times you can redo those games. I heard CT is just a port like the gameboy advance version of FFIV and not the DS 3d version. The extra dungeon is probably just something at the end like that extra dungeon in the gba ffiv port. I'd rather just play it again on my snes (original cartridage snes games ftw).

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I'm getting pretty tired of Square treating their back catalog like an ATM
Can't disagree with that. For DQIV DS, they've upgraded the hand-drawn 2D graphics from PSOne, fixed the translation, added a new chapter, etc. It keeps in spirit with the original while being a definitive version. Eason: we need to play UT2004 sometime.
devil.gif

rolex

Reaction score
Taking it back old school: Galaga & Phoenix.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads