• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have nothing but love for PG's posts, but the last post above reeks of arrogance. Between the condescending tone, and calling the MC section the "grown-up" section, and whatnot. I have never participated in these discussions but I do feel the need to call it the way I see it.

now, I have not read over the past few pages of the discussion. PG is a cool guy with a cool life, I have no idea why people would call him out except on his obvious OCD tendencies which somewhat bother me as well, however, I would've expected someone as wordly as PG seems to be to have taken such criticism in stride, rather than point out the differences in age and monetary wealth repeatedly with the not so subtle internet equivalent of a shrug and the suggestion that the posters here are merely airing out frustrations caused elsewhere. We get it buddy. We're jealous. We're 20 something. You're OCD. People acquire wealth over time. We're emo. We rant. The only reason we do it is because of internet anonymity. Alright. I like how you made it a point to compare the ongoings of the SW+D forum with your other 'human' encounters.

Not everbody who is annoyed at your very substantial sense of self-importance is "EMO suffering" as you put it. I'll leave it at that.

Socal flaunts his life and wealth even more obnoxiously, except socal doesn't take himself nearly as seriously. This is what makes all the difference...

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
This coming from someone who (for now) only lurks in this thread, as I don't have a camera good enough for pics (not saying my fits are so amazing they deserve high quality photography, I'm just saying my current cell phone cam is more than a bit crap), I wish for more pics and less drama.

Originally Posted by Augusto86
This is a site for admiring and acquiring beautiful and expensive things. All we do is flaunt **** - expensive jeans, expensive suits, expensive ties. To any outsider, the whole thing is ridiculously vain to the point of obscenity.
+1

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Seems like we've been getting a recent influx of Nordic posters lately. I, for one, welcome our new Scandinavian overlords and this dreary weather they've given me: Click for angrier, jacket-less post. Barracuta Gap Splendid Mills (note: every single article of clothing should fit and feel this comfortable. Color me impressed) 5epxSF (been too long) Ferragamo

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Yeah please don't let a few haters discourage you from posting.
- Let's wait till the w/end as it is Monday here & I am back my suit & tie mode, though taking longer t start this morning
Originally Posted by Souper
I have nothing but love for PG's posts, but the last post above reeks of arrogance. Between the condescending tone, and calling the MC section the "grown-up" section, and whatnot. I have never participated in these discussions but I do feel the need to call it the way I see it. now, I have not read over the past few pages of the discussion. PG is a cool guy with a cool life, I have no idea why people would call him out except on his obvious OCD tendencies which somewhat bother me as well, however, I would've expected someone as wordly as PG seems to be to have taken such criticism in stride, rather than point out the differences in age and monetary wealth repeatedly with the not so subtle internet equivalent of a shrug and the suggestion that the posters here are merely airing out frustrations caused elsewhere. We get it buddy. We're jealous. We're 20 something. You're OCD. People acquire wealth over time. We're emo. We rant. The only reason we do it is because of internet anonymity. Alright. I like how you made it a point to compare the ongoings of the SW+D forum with your other 'human' encounters. Not everbody who is annoyed at your very substantial sense of self-importance is "EMO suffering" as you put it. I'll leave it at that. Socal flaunts his life and wealth even more obnoxiously, except socal doesn't take himself nearly as seriously. This is what makes all the difference...
- again I apologise for what appears to be arrogance or condescending tone as I mean the total opposite, but then on reflection there have been a few direct negative at me. - I did leave it, but still negative posts were being posted & there fore I thought it best to try & re-capture my responses as it would appear that the post negative posters did not read the previous posts by me (or maybe I was not clear enough) - & my liberal use of the "EMO" term, I agree as I have stated not everyone in the SW&D thread is afflicted with - I also made it a point as it is only this thread that this negativity is prevalent
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
you po ass niggas need to quit bitchin. go make some money.
- I didn't say that.. Although I did think that.. Back to topic: What am I wearing? Just my standard Monday (& yes I tend to wear the same every Monday..) corporate FIT, navy suit, navy o/coat, light blue shirt, navy with ecru horizontal stripe knit tie, brown shoes & bag. See you all this w/end.
L1010914.jpg
L1010915.jpg
L1010917.jpg
& I may walk & catch a train to work today..
L1010926.jpg
L1010919.jpg
& yes I do enjoy my work, that is why I am smiling..

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Barracuta
Gap
Splendid Mills (note: every single article of clothing should fit and feel this comfortable. Color me impressed)
5epxSF (been too long)
Ferragamo

Perfect outfit to cheer on the Bruins as they hand USC their ass

+1 on the Nordic posters. victory or valhalla

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
Braid those eternals look great. I thought you had given up on them.

thanks, they've been feeling neglected lately.

Histrion

Reaction score
Leave PG alone. If you don't like his posts, just ignore him. I personally enjoy his posts.

At the moment, I'm wearing a pair of khaki shorts and a band t-shirt, still feeling terribly hungover and nauseous from last night's heavy drinking.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everytime I see PG I feel like you guys are talking about me. Call him something else, ****.

caleb3221

Reaction score
Augusto86 I really dig that suit, something about the fit just does it for me. What is it?

In other news, there was this really awesome light outside so I took a picture and it came out looking like the middle of the night. Also the flash made my shirt see-thru. I can't decide if I like the sleeve straps.

H&M, Somets, beat up shoes.

Unit 91

Reaction score
A lazy Sunday where I don't even leave the house. Gotta love that.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- Let's wait till the w/end as it is Monday here & I am back my suit & tie mode, though taking longer t start this morning

- again I apologise for what appears to be arrogance or condescending tone as I mean the total opposite, but then on reflection there have been a few direct negative at me.
- I did leave it, but still negative posts were being posted & there fore I thought it best to try & re-capture my responses as it would appear that the post negative posters did not read the previous posts by me (or maybe I was not clear enough)
- & my liberal use of the "EMO" term, I agree as I have stated not everyone in the SW&D thread is afflicted with
- I also made it a point as it is only this thread that this negativity is prevalent

- I didn't say that.. Although I did think that..

Back to topic:

What am I wearing? Just my standard Monday (& yes I tend to wear the same every Monday..) corporate FIT, navy suit, navy o/coat, light blue shirt, navy with ecru horizontal stripe knit tie, brown shoes & bag.

See you all this w/end.

L1010914.jpg

L1010915.jpg

L1010917.jpg

& I may walk & catch a train to work today..
L1010926.jpg

L1010919.jpg

& yes I do enjoy my work, that is why I am smiling..

oh **** ***** its the transporter.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unit 91
A lazy Sunday where I don't even leave the house. Gotta love that.
With that fit, it's a good thing you didn't. Seriously though. It is a forum about people interested in fashion. That really doesn't look good even for an average person who only gets clothes as gifts or goodwill. I think the whole world should agree to burn all checkerboard vans and pretend that trend never happened. I know you're new here and probably a nice guy but there isn't one thing remotely redeeming about anything in the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads