• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by af1snaikboi
Can someone reccomend me a tailor in NYC that does shirt alterations for around 10 a shirt? Need to slim some down.

Thanks

+1

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brennan Huff
Any experiences with Banana Republic/Gap's slim-fit dress shirts?

i've tried on the Gap slim-fit and IMO, they're too baggy...the sleeves aren't slim and there's way too much fabric left in the back for my own taste. Can't speak for BR.

Brennan Huff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by squall
BR is quite ok.. A bit slim to me though

are you similar to a 5'6" 148 lbs., 30x30 build?
im usually sz 15/15.5 OTR, but of course those have too much fabric.

Sartorialiste

Reaction score
"Slim fit" shirts are still very baggy on me. Dior Homme shirts have the perfect fit on me. Sadly Hedi Slimane left Dior Homme and Kris Van Assche's cut and designs aren't nearly as good.

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
Anyone similar to 5'8", 140 lb, 30 X 30? If you are, what shirts do you find that best fit you? My neck size is about 15/15.5.

Brennan Huff

Reaction score
I found the perfect fit for me =]
H&M size small (37-38) for $20-40.
Not bad.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anonymouz
Are there any shirts that are as slim as or even slimmer than H&M?
The only RTW brand that might be slimmer is Band of Outsiders, which costs about 10 times more than H&M.

saremile

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anonymouz
Are there any shirts that are as slim as or even slimmer than H&M?
Hey i like to know that as well. Their plain dress shirts fit me pretty well but just a little too tight around the shoulders which i can live with. Thanks

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
I also like the fit of H&M's shirts but their collars are not stiff enough. Are there any brands that might alleviate this concern?

Beta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nickG
any one have expericence w/ charles tyrwhitt's slim shirts? they're having an online clearance sale and was wanting some feedback before i spend money on a shirt i cant try on. thanks

according to the online measurements they provide, they aren't what i would call slim...even their language calls them "slimmer". This has prevented me from ordering there.

Max waist size that they list is 42, for me, I'd pretty much max out at 38. Im probably going to have everything MTM from now on, I care about fitment much more than anything else.

greentorii

Reaction score
it's kind of amusing how I see all these recommendations of shirts that are like $200+ !!!

Any suggestions for a college student? ie shirt that's around $50
smile.gif

(other than H&M hopefully lol...that stuff falls apart)

djs488

Reaction score
^^ well, there's a reason for that. there are very few in the ~$50 market that are interested in slim fits, so nobody produces them. My suggestion would be J. Crew, they fit slimmer than just about anything else you'll find for the price range and hold up decently well. You might be better off finding some of the more expensive brands on sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads