• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Modernist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
...except for their habit of ignoring your emails. I've emailed them multiple times about stylistic clarifications on the shirts and still have not received a reply or confirmation. I still think calling is a much better alternative, just make sure you speak like an angry ********, as he appeared to be attention deficit (read: very rush in tone) on the telephone when I asked to speak to him directly.

Having spoken to Ricky Ho a couple of times on the phone, he just seems to be extremely busy. He is very helpful when the caller is making concrete questions (for instance "Can you put darts on the back of the shirt?" "Yes, just specify the depth"), and gets more impatient the longer the call is taking. And he replied within the hour (sheer luck, I guess) of my email, asking him about the status of my latest reply.

But I believe that my second order didn't get processed because I submitted it through email.

My conclusion, and reply to the question in the topic of this thread: No, but still worth it.

padronlover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^

his English sucks. My Mexican maid (not mine but the friend's) has better command of the language.

I'm surprised that these previous receiving dates are "backlogging" to about a month. All of those two-weekers appear to be short-lived.
frown.gif

lol wtf

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just to make sure...I hit submit on my order form, got the "list" window, and that's it? I just wait for a confirm email from them??

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
^ his English sucks. My Mexican maid (not mine but the friend's) has better command of the language.
Some people like Whodini is destined for shark baits.
I'm not sure whether to call you out on your underlining bigotry or your glaring hypocrisy...
confused.gif
On-topic, Ricky confirmed my shirt and answered my questions not two days after I submitted my order. Guess we'll see just how quickly my shirt arrives.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
just to make sure...I hit submit on my order form, got the "list" window, and that's it? I just wait for a confirm email from them??

Maybe you get a confirmation email, maybe you don't. Then maybe you get shirts, maybe you don't. Welcome to Jantzen club

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
Maybe you get a confirmation email, maybe you don't. Then maybe you get shirts, maybe you don't. Welcome to Jantzen club

thank you. It seems that I have officially been initiated...or have I?????

I'll keep the my fingers crossed.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^

his English sucks. My Mexican maid (not mine but the friend's) has better command of the language.

.I still think calling is a much better alternative, just make sure you speak like an angry ********

I don't know if you have a problem with Chinese folks, or if you're a racist, but really, is this necessary? I'd pummel anybody who calls me "********" in front of my face.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I don't know if you have a problem with Chinese folks, or if you're a racist, but really, is this necessary? I'd pummel anybody who calls me "********" in front of my face.

me too, and I don't think this ***** would dare call me a ******** in front of mine face, classic internet tough guy.........

Deipnosophist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I'm not sure whether to call you out on your underlining bigotry or your glaring hypocrisy...
confused.gif

Hate to point out your own hypocrisy, but it's "underlying" not "underlining"
smile.gif
Don't take this post seriously by the way, it is meant in jest
smile.gif

dboll

Reaction score
Newbie here.

Placed my first order with Jantzen on 6/14. Pending charge on my CC a few days later. Pending charge is now gone.

Fingers crossed that my shirt shows up one day.

bandit

Reaction score
Placed order for two shirts last week. No confirmation. Called for Ricky last night and he was not there. Person I spoke to asked my name. He says "oh yes (something something)". I could not make out hardly anything he said so I kept it simple and asked 2 questions: 1. did you get my order? 2. What is your lead time? Some where in the conversation I picked out "everything fine" so I thanked him for his time and hung up. Hopefully I will get a couple of shirts. The gentleman was nice enough but the language barrier was definately a hurdle.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deipnosophist
Hate to point out your own hypocrisy, but it's "underlying" not "underlining"
smile.gif
Don't take this post seriously by the way, it is meant in jest
smile.gif

Clearly, we've never met. That was not a missteak. Jon.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted in this thread as replies to queries about Jantzen. You, on the other hand, have no business here except to stalk and harass me with inane grammatical mistakes, in which you're no exception, that no one gives a **** about. Stop this silliness or STFU.

Originally Posted by whodini
Clearly, we've never met. That was not a missteak.

Jon.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. That was my experience as well but perhaps not as eloquently put.
Originally Posted by bandit
Placed order for two shirts last week. No confirmation. Called for Ricky last night and he was not there. Person I spoke to asked my name. He says "oh yes (something something)". I could not make out hardly anything he said so I kept it simple and asked 2 questions: 1. did you get my order? 2. What is your lead time? Some where in the conversation I picked out "everything fine" so I thanked him for his time and hung up. Hopefully I will get a couple of shirts. The gentleman was nice enough but the language barrier was definately a hurdle.

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
From experience, if it's not Ricky, there might be no shirt. This is always the deal when I speak with one of his co-workers. "Oh yes, [your name], we got your order. Will make ASAP." Without even checking the system. If you ask him to check or change something, he'll say he's busy and to call back later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads