• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
I think I'm developing an e-crush on newthunder. Such a mysterious woman...
- you too..

Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Pivot tables FTW?
Did I also mention embedded macros?
eh.gif

Originally Posted by WayneGibbous
That dude is beyond....

Shows that anyone can look good when you have bank.

FYI - I certainly am no bank, I just choose carefully, enjoy life & hence have developed my own (life)style
- IMO wealth is not a natural environment for personal style/expression as everything is disposable

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Cloak shirt, shoes and shorts
- I was half expecting the 'money shot' next..
smile.gif

Originally Posted by LA Guy
Dude, fwiw, it sounded like a backhanded compliment, at best. Man, so much negativity. You need to step back a little.

My opinion is that Phat Guido's style is class, but that he looked just as chilled with just a pair of shorts, sandals, and sunglasses, chilling with a beer on the pier.

- thank you & I have to agree, I do enjoy sitting back with a beer (& watching my favourite sport team play)

Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yea, PG seems pretty chill from his photos and posts (despite the minor ocd posts
laugh.gif
). In my head he talks like george takei. I hope i'm right.

- very close
laugh.gif

I always have to think twice before posting here as there appears to be so much 'under-current' going on - when I think of Streetwear & Denim, I would normally think of good times not EMO times..
plain.gif

BACK TO TOPIC

Temp - 9c - 17c a fanphkingtastic sunny winters day
Days Agenda - Saturday, brunch, usual chores, then of to watch Australia v France. GO THE WALLABIES!!

Shirt - Pale blue, chocolate & ecru varying multiple POW check. Western style with lots of 'hand'finish' ("red ear" by Paul Smith)
T - White. SS. Cotton (Muji)
Sweater - Washed chocolate V-neck. Cotton (Martin Margella)
Jean - Raw denim (APC "New Standard") - Theses are taking longer than expected to start showing any wear or age! It has been 4 months!
Socks - Varying tans, cream, cobalt blue, yellow, black, cerise, & clay multi stripe (Paul Smith)
F/wear - 'sneaker' - Grey & chocolate. Leather & suede (Dior Homme 2004)
Belt - Sand canvas w SS double loop ( Etro)
Bag - Chocolate. Portrait European traveller shoulder/courier style. "intrecciato" leather (Bottega Veneta)
Watch - SS Bell & Ross Automatic Ref BR 03-92 on 'mildly distressed' sand coloured sail cloth strap
Sun-glasses - Resin retro 60's shape. Tortoise shell (Persol #2803-S)

L1010822.jpg

L1010826.jpg
L1010846.jpg

L1010841.jpg
L1010827.jpg

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love how you always have this giant grin on your face

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Phat G. looks exactly like my older brother. Are you an engineer by any chance, and have a double life you never told me about?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
I love how you always have this giant grin on your face

There's a man with a smiling face, a happy customer. That's what an economically viable person looks like!

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
All that stuff

I know we see it virtually every day, but I'm still disappointed to not see the car.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool. I love jazz... great place around here called the Blues alley. I've seen James moody, arturo sandoval, and Rich Whitehead just to name a few. My mom's friend saw Louis Armstrong there way back...

Such a definition of a jazz club. Tiny place. Brick walls. Food items are named after musicians. "Charlie Byrd's chicken fingers" Haha

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
There's a man with a smiling face, a happy customer. That's what an economically viable person looks like!

This is a very weird post, do you speak like this on a regular basis?

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
really simple fit– but one of my favorites from you, F2B. you were born for yohji
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by davo10375
f2b like the all black look, by themselves i dont feel the top/pants would work as nicely as they do together though. Your also one of the only people on this forum I've seen rocking yohji consistently... do you think its because the looks are hard to pull off?
thanks guys...as for the wearing a lot of Yohji, i do so because i relate to his design approach and philosophy on style as well as having a great appreciation for his worldview. As I was discussing on SZ, Yohji is one of the rare designers who, like CCP and Raf Simons (at one point), transport the wearer into a certain state of mind upon putting on an entire ensemble. And Phat Guido strikes me as one of the happiest people on this planet. I know LooseChange has that huge smile, but man when I see PG's photos, i get the sense here is a man who has reached "THERE."

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Definitely wasn't cracking on Phat G. Dude has mad style and mad game to back it up. I was just commenting that his style clearly encompasses his wealth. Why else would he post pics of his sweet ride, big-ass crib and expensive clothing and accessories. If he merely wanted to show off his clothing he would just stand in front of a mirror and take pics; but that's not his style. Hard to hate on a guy who shows of his wealth on a 'Style Forum'. If there's any place to do it, it's here.

Dude has a reason to be smiling too.

Histrion

Reaction score
newthunder: while I think that your previous fits were really nice, I find this to be a tad... busy? The individual pieces are cool though. Must be cold were you are...

As for what I'm wearing... well, nothing special. I'm heading to write an exam and then to some BBQ, so it goes like this (no picture):

Aquascutum beige windbreaker (rain)
Yoko Devereaux double-layered t-shirt (deep v-neck brown t-shirt with black crewneck t-shirt)
APC Rescue
Neil Barrett brown military sneakers
Christopher Ward watch
Scent: Canali Summer Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads