• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ his English sucks. My Mexican maid (not mine but the friend's) has better command of the language. I'm surprised that these previous receiving dates are "backlogging" to about a month. All of those two-weekers appear to be short-lived.
frown.gif

laphroaig

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it backlogging. Even if he were to make it next day, when he only pays the equivalent of $5 for international postage it's going take a while just to get anywhere all the way from Honkers.

brittain

Reaction score
I placed my first jantzen order last night, received a confirmation email today. Ive got my fingers crossed.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Jantzen charged me today. Good sign, I guess.

pinchi22

Reaction score
Received my shirt today. Only took 4 months and 3 calls.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it seems that fabric comes and goes a lot faster than I thought.

How many "backups" do you submit in case your first choice isn't available?

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude. That sucks. For me so far 2 weeks(12 business days), 3 calls, and no shirts yet.

Originally Posted by pinchi22
Received my shirt today. Only took 4 months and 3 calls.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It's great if you've got a laid-back personality and aren't in urgent need of shirts. Just make sure you provide accurate measurements. I'm very happy with mine.

Those who are demanding of customer service, or who want their shirts quickly, or who are uncomfortable with the self-measuring aspect should probably look elsewhere.

Originally Posted by breakz
Can we edit this into the first post? Because this needs to be the mantra on Jantzen shirts, along with "great value for the shirts' construction."

Yeah.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed order and never got a confirmation so I called him 5 days later and he told me 1 fabric choice is out of stock. I picked a new one, called him again and he said that he'll get my shirts made with the new fabric choice and send them out asap. I then got a paypal request even though I told him to charge my card on the previous call so I called him again to verify his paypal email address and he said yes and so I paid him. Now, I'm just waiting. I'm not the "ideal" Jantzen customer because my future place of residence is uncertain right now as I'm in the process of moving. I have 3 more weeks before the landlord kicks me out so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the shirts will arrive at the current address in due time. As many have stated, ordering from Jantzen requires a lot of patience and a laid back attitude.
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Why have you called him three times in 12 business days? Is this after he charged your card or after you placed your order?

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
db

Modernist

Reaction score
Second order (technically third, second was in mid-March, but got lost in that great Jantzen-black hole), submitted May 15th, card charged May 20th, shipped June 11th, received June 25th. The shirt is great though, the fit is perfect, and (being one lucky bastard) the fabric is amazing (Jantzen*2715). And now i believe it's time for a major order, which, after submitting, will promptly forget about, until of course I receive that surprise package.

By the by, what is the best way of placing an order for multiple shirts? Using the form, or by email?

The quality of the shirts is amazing, considering the money paid. If one does not mind waiting, Jantzen is simply the best, considering the quality/cost ratio.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Modernist
Second order (technically third, second was in mid-March, but got lost in that great Jantzen-black hole), submitted May 15th, card charged May 20th, shipped June 11th, received June 25th. The shirt is great though, the fit is perfect, and (being one lucky bastard) the fabric is amazing (Jantzen*2715). And now i believe it's time for a major order, which, after submitting, will promptly forget about, until of course I receive that surprise package.

By the by, what is the best way of placing an order for multiple shirts? Using the form, or by email?

The quality of the shirts is amazing, considering the money paid. If one does not mind waiting, Jantzen is simply the best, considering the quality/cost ratio.

I dont know what's best from an order/fufillment perspective, but I think email is easiest.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...except for their habit of ignoring your emails. I've emailed them multiple times about stylistic clarifications on the shirts and still have not received a reply or confirmation. I still think calling is a much better alternative, just make sure you speak like an angry ********, as he appeared to be attention deficit (read: very rush in tone) on the telephone when I asked to speak to him directly.
Originally Posted by maxnharry
I dont know what's best from an order/fufillment perspective, but I think email is easiest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads