• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 08

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drink8648
I just spoke with Angelo about the shirt shown. It is not an EG shirt. The shirt is made by a company in Italy called Barena www.barenavenezia.com. He was not sure about US stockist. He told me that the company had a rich history in clothing manufacturing and was known for their Cloaks.
Yeah, Barena's been around for awhile and they make classic European countryside clothing. Engineered Garments did have a similar shirt last season though, in a blue/white oxford stripe, but nothing this season.
Originally Posted by Oxnard
Ian does phone orders right? Hopefully they will still have some of the EG shorts left when I get my paycheck in two days, hard to resist at 30% off.
Yes, as long as you're in the U.S. They've got tons of shorts, and I wouldn't worry about them flying off the racks as Seattle's weather is still fairly cold.

batorizer

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of the grey glen-plaid cinch pants? Opinions? They'd been on my hit list until the incotex madness. Now i'm trying to decide if the hejfina sale price makes it worth the buy.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by batorizer
Anyone have a pair of the grey glen-plaid cinch pants? Opinions? They'd been on my hit list until the incotex madness. Now i'm trying to decide if the hejfina sale price makes it worth the buy.
I just picked up the blue/white pincord version yesterday, and, the fit's definitely better than in previous seasons, meaning, it's roomy enough for a guy with large thighs like me, but not baggy or too boxy. But again I picked up a 34 waist and I'm only 5'9". You could always get the legs tapered if it's too wide on you. You should get it if you really like the pattern and material and it works well with your wardrobe.

batorizer

Reaction score
thanks for the advice. I'm really on the fence. I guess i'll have to check my cc balance when i get off work; that'll help the decision.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody own the fishing shirt jacket? How do you wear it? It seems pretty hard to wear... I saw it at a local store on sale in size S which is pretty rare. I would buy it but I'm just not sure how to wear it

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear it like this:
a-model-big-1.jpg
b-model-big-1.jpg
sub1-1.jpg
sub2.jpg
fishingshjkt-blkcham01.jpg
look27-1.jpg

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I saw those pictures and love the look, but most of them are with a western style shirt. It doesn't seem very versatile and I was wondering if anybody has combined it with other things with success.

batorizer

Reaction score
hmm.... I don't see any western shirts; just a binocular and some button-downs. The last one looks like a polo or shawl collar type shirt.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^its a short jacket, how complicated can it be?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know where i can get some EG shirts on sale in size large? L/S or S/S, I need to pick up my brother some sort of birthday present soon, and i think EG would fit into his clothing well

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
anyone know where i can get some EG shirts on sale in size large? L/S or S/S, I need to pick up my brother some sort of birthday present soon, and i think EG would fit into his clothing well
Ian has a nice assortment left on sale if you give them a call, ask for Butch. You might also want to call Gary or Odin (or have they moved everything to Den now)?

Reaction score
FYI--Den has a lot of EG at near closeout prices. One gray workshirt left in L for $69, all sorts of ties for $29, Beacon chinos for around $59 (only 30s left I think), some hoodies in various sizes, some fishing vests in L and XL (maybe they're in Odin though), and one-wash denim in a few sizes (34 for sure) for $69. And a Nepenthes Hawaiian shirt in S for $5!

Also, one Robert Geller puffy vest for $79 (has a busted zipper).

Sadly no phone orders, but if I get enough requests, I could do a run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads