• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What will you be buying for Fall ???

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
I'm playing catch up to all you's guys with 'complete' wardrobes, so I'm just going to keep my head down and keep buying...I mean, investing.

I've yet to see a SFer who thinks he has a complete wardrobe.
laugh.gif

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I've yet to see a SFer who thinks he has a complete wardrobe.
laugh.gif

Believe me...I've come to this grave realization months ago. Hence, the 'quotations'. It's almost like everyone on here can add one more to the list of absolutes in their lives: 1) Death 2) Taxes 3) Never ending thirst for clothes

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aport'

What color suede are your Chapels? I've noticed that your photos usually are taken with a flash, so the real life color would probably be a little darker. Is that a safe assumption?

Sweet monks by the way.

Like a Gentleman

Reaction score
Barbour Classic beaufort Coat
Sutor Mantealassi Blucher in Brown (having a dificult time finding these anywhere though) Any help?
Brown Plaid Spoartcoat Side vents
APC Jeans

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterdays New York Times Style section had a story on the Italian shows and had a photo of Bottega Venta. It showed a orange/melon colored short,trim jacket, pared with a similar colored tie, with full loose off white pants. The contrast of the cut of the jacket and pants was interesting and yet comfortable. I could see myself trying a similar look for Spring 2009 and I loved the colors. Sorry I was unable to find a photo I could link. Anybody have one?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Yesterdays New York Times Style section had a story on the Italian shows and had a photo of Bottega Venta. It showed a orange/melon colored short,trim jacket, pared with a similar colored tie, with full loose off white pants. The contrast of the cut of the jacket and pants was interesting and yet comfortable. I could see myself trying a similar look for Spring 2009 and I loved the colors. Sorry I was unable to find a photo I could link. Anybody have one?

I have it and I actually hated the slim jacket/baggy pants look. A couple of designers have done that and I've yet to seee an example that I liked. I'll post it when I get home.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Having a jacket and suit made,

This is like Obama saying that he doesn't really believe in HOPE...

Originally Posted by edmorel
hoping to order a few Vass if the stars line up properly over the next few months.

Cheer up, you're only down 8%
smile.gif

Me - I think I'm done with SCs for the near term. Going to order a suit or two hopefully - Harrison's flannel and Minnis fresco.

kali77

Reaction score
I think I am done already........
Not necessarily for fall, but in the last three weeks

Partenopea Glen Plaid suit
Caruso Charcoal Suit
Luciano Barbera Sartoriale Cashmere Jacket
Luciano Barbera Mainline Jacket
2x Zanella trousers
3x Grenson Masterpieces
Mantellassi monkstraps
2x Barbera ties 2x t&a ties
2x H&B ties
1 marinella knit
17 Jantzen shirts
Balderssarini Ambre fragrance
Bvlgari Avqa Fragrance
misc. socks and squares from Chorse

Was MIA for awhile so had to play catch up
smile.gif

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A great pair of suede captoes (suggestions encouraged)
Wool woven ties (they go great with heavy coats, espeically tweeds)

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plan is for:

G&G chelseas and a couple of suits from Chan. Hopefully I get all by Christmas.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've put a custom order in for Black Suede captoe's (same UK Suede that EG uses evidently) from Martegani. Should have them in October. Around the same time I'll pickup some of Riders Wingtip Shell Boots.

I'm looking for a light-mid flannel, gray, doublebreasted suit. If I can't find something, I'll have it made.

A few new cashmere ties - looking forward to FIH's selection.

Tweed Jacket(s) of some sort.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Another pair of shoes - probably a pair of black oxfords (C&J Connaught). And maybe a nice pair of cords or two, or a plum or purple V-neck from Tyrwhitt or Lewin. Ah yes, and a nice pair of leather gloves.

I'd love to get a new suit (something in navy - three piece, with an extra pair of trousers), but I'm likely going to push that back, and go MTM next year. OTR suits just don't fit me well.

However, it looks increasingly likely that I might be buying a pair of spectators first, gods willing. *crosses fingers*

Geoff

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
plan is for:

G&G chelseas and a couple of suits from Chan. Hopefully I get all by Christmas.

Christmas! Silly me, only thinking about Fall acquisitions. In that case, I might even dare to dream of buying a pair of EGs (or at least getting enough gift money together to buy a pair).
smile.gif

Geoff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads