• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tanner Goods: Finally, The Messenger Bags....

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just put them up on the website today. Let us know what you think.

either go to Hecklewood.com or tannergoods.com for info

here's a couple teaser pics

n11500714_35362005_2706.jpg

n11500714_35362006_2912.jpg

n11500714_35362004_2572.jpg

morse9443

Reaction score
Dammit those are nice looking.
wow.gif
Great price too, placing my order next week. Hopefully there's still stock left.

Studio27

Reaction score
They look nice but I'm interested in how well the closure works. It seems that if it's a snug fit it could be really fidgety to get the strap through, and if it isn't it wouldn't close very well.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice stuff. Anybody have any experience with the quality?

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the quality is great, but the cut-out on the flap with the big logo sticking out is absolutely hideous.

It would look a bazillion times better a smaller or no cutout, and the logo on the underside of the flap.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
I'm sure the quality is great, but the cut-out on the flap with the big logo sticking out is absolutely hideous. It would look a bazillion times better a smaller or no cutout, and the logo on the underside of the flap.
I would guess that Tanner would likely modify this with a polite request. They seem willing to customize orders to an extent. (Re)Moving a logo I'd guess could be potentially a tougher fight, but it's a fair suggestion in my opinion as well.

Mushroom77

Reaction score
Ahh, about time! Awesome looking bags, the logo is the only thing that I don't particularly like.

Now, to decide whether the price is too much for my broke student arse to afford...

Bob01

Reaction score
Awesome lookin' Bags! On the product specs it states "Designed to transport a 15" Macbook Pro" Does this already have a built in sleeve for a laptop? If so, can you give the specifications on the padding (ie thickness, material/density, etc)? If not, can you tell me what is the maximum sized sleeve that could be fitted into this case?

Also, can you tell me how much internal space is left, after putting a Macbook Pro (incuding the width for the sleeve)

Thanks!,

Bob

wingnutsglory

Reaction score
Looks nice, but I have some ideas for subtle custom modifications. Are modifications permitted? If so, who do we contact to discuss?

Can't find an email or phone number...

Thanks.

somecallmebj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mushroom77
Now, to decide whether the price is too much for my broke student arse to afford...

Mmhmm. I've got a few expenses to cover, and this isn't helping lol.

That natural version is sexy. Oh, the temptation
devil.gif

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wingnutsglory
Looks nice, but I have some ideas for subtle custom modifications. Are modifications permitted? If so, who do we contact to discuss?

Can't find an email or phone number...

Thanks.

Are you kidding?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics