• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question re: RRL (Double RL) Jeans

sherwin

Reaction score
i thought RRL was discontinued for some reason... which B&M stores carry it?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bootcut is real slim for a boocut. When I tried it on for the first time I couldn't even believe it was a bootcut.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sherwin
Besides RL or RRL flagship stores and a few outlets, DenimBar and a few other boutique shops like Blake or HTC.

progressiveminded

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sherwin

Blake in Portland, Mauro at Denimbar, and the various RRL stores operated by RL.

repressedm

Reaction score
To Denimbar:

I don't see any RRL on your site. Can you link me, please? Or is it sold out? I don't even see an RRL section.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
repressedm, look at the Denimbar blog. You can see a few things, but I'd say it's only like 4 or 5 items.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go to my blog like the others stated and you can always PM .
RRL does make a 31 for fact I know becasue I own a pair!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okayyyy...one last question.

How slim are the slim fits? xchen's picture seems pretty damn slim LINK but whodini's slim fit seems to leave a little more room LINK

Also, how much different are the slims from the straight legs?

Thanks again.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's were the previous generation slim bootcuts IIRC and mine are the current generation slim fits which is an entirely different cut. And about the 31s Mauro I've looked high and low but everyone's told me that currently they aren't making 31s. I've been to the store here like 30 times at least and never seen jeans in a 31. Have seen 29, 30, 32, 33, and up but 31 is elusive every time.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will land you pair how about that!

benjaminarnold

Reaction score
i actually picked up a pair of baby blue selvedge RRL's at a value village last week. 30x30, they were too short so i turned them into jean shorts but still, japanese selvedge for 5 bucks can't be beat

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should have flipped them on here who isn't as tall as you. Unless you dig the infamous jorts look.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so, i just bought a pair of slim fit selvage denim from eBay.

thanks for all the help, fellas. Unfortunately, I had to buy them without trying them on (ending auction, busy with work)....so, I hope they fit.

I'll try posting pics of them as soon as they come in.

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Who's were the previous generation slim bootcuts IIRC and mine are the current generation slim fits which is an entirely different cut. And about the 31s Mauro I've looked high and low but everyone's told me that currently they aren't making 31s. I've been to the store here like 30 times at least and never seen jeans in a 31. Have seen 29, 30, 32, 33, and up but 31 is elusive every time.
31's just started this season. I have had the collection for three seasons and this is the first time they were available. Before this season they were not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads