• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Car Stereos?

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of setting up a new system in my car which should be done and ready for photo's on Sunday. I wanted to know if other members have had installs done and what they are running for systems?

I'll update with pics and items when its all done.

Beta

Reaction score
current:

eclipse cd5000 8v
diamond d6 components
1 treo ssi 10'' ported (replaced jl 10w6)
alpine monoblock for sub
alpine 4 channel front stage

whats your setup going to be?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I have Mark Levinson in my car since it is a Lexus. It was a deciding factor for me actually. Sublime sound.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The install will be:

Front stage Polk SR 6500
Woofer Polk SR 124DVC

Amps:
PPI PC 2100 for the front(2*100)
PPI PC 4100 Bridged to run 2 channels for the DVC woofer(should do about 8-900 watts)

PPI external cross over but I can't remeber the model, it does a slightly better job then the amps and its easier to tune with.

Pioneer ANVC N3 headunit/nav system running Sirius

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have yet to put my stereo in my car...kind of like not having to worry about it getting Jacked.

I have a PPI POWER Series amp running a JL Audio 12W6 in a 1.75cu ft sealed box. Component are MB Quarts but I'll have to buy new ones if I want to run it.

Now that my warranty is up, i might upgrade but keep the stock deck.

Syl

Reaction score
Deck: JVC-KDPDR40
Amp: Sony xplode 4 channel; 60wXchan. (rears bridged to 150W)
Fronts speakers: Kicker RS 6.5" components
Sub: Alpine (don't know the make)

All purchased off ebay, and all installed myself. It's not impossible but it definitely takes some time and the right tools (and know-how).

c3cubed

Reaction score
Harman/Kardon 14 speaker/680 watt system in Range Rover.

c3cubed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Canuker
The install will be:

Front stage Polk SR 6500
Woofer Polk SR 124DVC

Amps:
PPI PC 2100 for the front(2*100)
PPI PC 4100 Bridged to run 2 channels for the DVC woofer(should do about 8-900 watts)

PPI external cross over but I can't remeber the model, it does a slightly better job then the amps and its easier to tune with.

Pioneer ANVC N3 headunit/nav system running Sirius

Be careful of the Polk Subwoofers (not sure if they have problems for autofit) but I've been through two 900 watt woofers at home in the theatre and both blew within a year. They delivered magnificent sound, but there seemed to be an issue with their electronic syncronization. The technician kept reinstalling a new card, and they would keep blowing fuses. So I got my money back after the disappointment. Regular Polk speakers installed in the ceilings and walls still work fine after 5 years however, and an alternate JBL 1000 watt subwoofer has never given problems after 2+ years.

redtree00

Reaction score
My beloved VW Golf had the following "old school" system before my wife forced me to get a real family car AKA Volvo
eh.gif

HU - Pioneer Premier DEX P1R
Speakers - Rainbow CS 265 P Profi Vanadium
Sub - ARC Audio 10D (Sealed Hidden Box)
Main Amp - Diamond Audio D7152
Sub amp - MMATS D700
Stinger 0 gauge power cables

Not a super loud Bass monster but it was an awesome super stealthy SQ setup

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm rocking an old school Image Dynamic IDQ-12" with an MTX amp. Also have a super old RF amp from the golden age, a set of 4 6.5" Infinity 2 ways and a JVC head. I've gone through 3 heads with breakins including a very nice Alpine so I've given up on any fancy HUs.

Next car I get the stereo system will probably be half decent from the factory so I won't need to do anything to it.

Beta

Reaction score
Image dynamics= underrated. I looked into ID for my setup, but I am downfiring under a bench seat, so dimensions weren't going to work for what I was doing.

redtree00

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beta
Image dynamics= underrated. I looked into ID for my setup, but I am downfiring under a bench seat, so dimensions weren't going to work for what I was doing.

The ARC Audio 10D I had in my setup is made by Image Dynamics.
I consider ID products "Extremely" underrated.

What car is this going into ?
Are you sticking with the stock alternator ?

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by c3cubed
Be careful of the Polk Subwoofers (not sure if they have problems for autofit) but I've been through two 900 watt woofers at home in the theatre and both blew within a year. They delivered magnificent sound, but there seemed to be an issue with their electronic syncronization. The technician kept reinstalling a new card, and they would keep blowing fuses. So I got my money back after the disappointment. Regular Polk speakers installed in the ceilings and walls still work fine after 5 years however, and an alternate JBL 1000 watt subwoofer has never given problems after 2+ years.

Did you have the SWA500/CSW combo?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics