• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Serg
That western shirt is the slimmest shirt i have tried on from NDG (the henley button up this summer was the opposate and was loose) and i have tried on every cut of their shirts from the last two years.

It's still not rediculus like some the slimmest BoO shirts (in which i can't fit into a medium yet I wear a small in this NDG shirt).

That's interesting - I have no problem with BoO sizing and yet find NdG overly restrictive.

atomicranch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
That's interesting - I have no problem with BoO sizing and yet find NdG overly restrictive.

Agreed. The NdG sizing this season is just silly. I wear a L BoO, and couldn't get into an XL NdG safari shirt.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i bought a Tumi brown leather messenger bag. really nice.

93878_1_2.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Yes it was a steal of a deal I couldn't pass up. They had a black zip up bomber; but, I already have a black Jil leather zip up and I feel they would be competing for attention. Something about Jil leather (and this one imparticular) always feels so luxe and upmarket beyond who it would normally sit next to on the racks (Dior, Balenciaga, Margiela). There are also still a few light blue leather blazers that would fit me and my boy said he may squirel one away for me once they hit 75%.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered this Sugar Cane 1930's/1940's Navy hickory Stripe Work Shirt. I hope it fits, I hear they run sort of small. The shirt is absolutely amazing though, with some really really cool details. I'm super excited.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

hickory_mont.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
socal, that from barney's? if so, is there any decent raf left? i haven't made it past 29th street in a while.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
yah there is a lot of good raf left
there is the blue zip off sleeve jacket i bought, that long grey trench, lots of shirts and then a few of like the elastic blazers
also they have 4 new styles of raf high tops in

i'm not doing anything thursday we should swing by and then get some drinks

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sounds like a plan. i can duck out around 5 if that works.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
the hickory stripe is creating an wierd optical thing on my monitor

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by atomicranch
Agreed. The NdG sizing this season is just silly. I wear a L BoO, and couldn't get into an XL NdG safari shirt.

What's the opposite of vanity-sized?

I'm normally a small in most shirts, but a large in Band of Outsiders. The Nom de Guerre safari shirt in large fits almost too well. I wish it was a tad looser around the shoulders.

BTW -- got a pair of Rag & Bone RB15 dark-grey jeans in the mail through Revolve, and I friggin' love them. Just hope they don't stretch much, because they're perfect right now.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by atomicranch

Same here though the XL safari fit, still ridiculous.

Serg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik

BoO has different cuts. The smallest of which is super super slim. I will post both Safari shirt fit pics and NDG henely button up in a bit.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
had some decent luck thrifting and picked up:

a pair of florsheim loafers (i suck at knowing just exactly what type of shew something is)-3.99$
Levis 1501-0117 28-38- 99 cents
LEVIS gingham shirt- 2.49$

I saw some cool28-34 701's,but 5.99 for jeans from a thrift store is a bit high so I'm waiting for them to go 50% off.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Serg
BoO has different cuts. The smallest of which is super super slim. I will post both Safari shirt fit pics and NDG henely button up in a bit.

I'm familiar with both cuts of BoO as I have shirts from multiple seasons in both A and B-body (bite me, jet). That being said, NdG's sizing is still weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads