• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Get Smart--- The Movie

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its my opinion and my mom says i have a right to it!

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Saw Get Smart tonight. It was actually pretty good-- more than what I was expecting.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I expected it to be good and funny. It was better than I expected, which is exactly what I said. You've never gone to a movie that you thought could be good or could be a complete flop?
your initial post sounded to me like you thought it would be 'okay.' when we went to see king of kong, i thought it would either be really good or really bad, so i gambled and it paid off. if i thought it would just be okay, i would not waste $12 and 2 hours of my life.

Originally Posted by Thomas
I've been to movies expecting them to be really, really bad. Like, oh, Superman IV. We knew that would suck going in, and were not disappointed on any level.

???

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
your initial post sounded to me like you thought it would be 'okay.' when we went to see king of kong, i thought it would either be really good or really bad, so i gambled and it paid off. if i thought it would just be okay, i would not waste $12 and 2 hours of my life.

???

Well, there's this little thing called personal preference; you can't make everyone go through the same grocery list like you do before seeing each movies. And didn't kwik already make it clear that he's a big fan of the TV show?

Anyway, just saw the movie. Neither I nor my friends had had experiences with the show, but we had a good time. So I guess I like it.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Originally Posted by Get Smart
Anne Hathaway looked AMAZING

I actually thought she looked sorta, for a lack of better word, plastic. Kinda fitting with her role though.

oh yea, and it was cool to see Bernie Kopell do a cameo (the original Siegfried) and even deliver his lines O.G. siegfried style!
Where is this part? White it out if need be.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Sorry, we already have forum trolls here. Move along.

Sorry, gotta agree. She's not ugly and has decent rackage, but she's like your best friend's sort-of-cute sister that, if one night you and she both got drunk, maybe you'd hit it...

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Margaret
Sorry, gotta agree. She's not ugly and has decent rackage, but she's like your best friend's sort-of-cute sister that, if one night you and she both got drunk, maybe you'd hit it...

thaaaaaaaaaaank you! shes the kind of girl that is cute, nothing special, but would grow on you if she was real nice etc and you spent time with her. that kind of girl.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Margaret

Originally Posted by West24
thaaaaaaaaaaank you! shes the kind of girl that is cute, nothing special, but would grow on you if she was real nice etc and you spent time with her. that kind of girl.

+1

she is likable, but not particularly sexy.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
+1 she is likable, but not particularly sexy.
You see, sometimes it just takes one child with the courage to point to the Emperor and say... Not that a "cute girl-next-door-type who seems really sweet" is not a wonderful thing in itself. But let's not confuse it with something else.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i feel so much better now. **** you rj! **** you!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked

Where is this part? White it out if need be.

It was at the end, after he gets the blue Kharmann Ghia...he hits a car and the guy that comes out yelling at Smart is the original Siegfried, and he even uses the Siegfried accent and calls Smart the trademark "Dumbpkoff!"

the reasons the haters dont like Hathaway is why I do, she has that girl next door, your best bud's sister look that I find really hot.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the reasons the haters dont like Hathaway is why I do, she has that girl next door, your best bud's sister look that I find really easy.

Fixed.

oneblood

Reaction score
#1 at the box office. Almost 40 million, but I heard bad things.

ceaton

Reaction score
It's odd, I didn't think it that great of a movie, but I must have laughed at least 50 times aloud, and that's very rare for me.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm going to go see this largely on the endorsement of SF. I dig the old show, so I was skeptical of this. But it sounds entertaining enough, and I've liked how both Carrell and Hathaway have been praising their predecessors in interviews.

I'll second the comments about Don Adams' wardrobe. That skinny-lapeled 1960s style is possibly the high point of mens' style for me. I find Steed's stuff more appealing than Max's, but Max was no slouch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads