• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustapha

Reaction score
Cooler than the owner, thanks.
smile.gif

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest purchase.

Still playing around with different straps - using a spare from my Black Seal 183G for the time being as the ones that came with the watch are all too long for me & the one that does fit is are a black alligator & black rubber divers (just don't wear much black shoes..)

L1010476.jpg

L1010467.jpg

L1010519.jpg

It's tempting, but I have been STRONLGY warned to adhere to the WARNING..
L1010529.jpg

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks very big, but I'm diggin' it. How large is your wrist?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
congratulations on those, egw. yeah, those b&r models are really a love em or hate em affair.
smile.gif

honestly, i like the old gas gauge manometros more, though.

jhao

Reaction score
EGW , I'm sorry for the " Panda" and the "Ironman" because they have another rival, btw the b&b is a great watch

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
It looks very big, but I'm diggin' it. How large is your wrist?
- the BR is 42mm & my wrist is 6.5"
- being square makes it feel & look bigger. My Panda & IronMan are also 42mm

Originally Posted by acidicboy
congratulations on those, egw. yeah, those b&r models are really a love em or hate em affair.
smile.gif

honestly, i like the old gas gauge manometros more, though.

- yeah, different horses for different courses

Originally Posted by jhao
EGW , I'm sorry for the " Panda" and the "Ironman" because they have another rival, btw the b&b is a great watch
- agreed, but this will be strictly a casual watch.. I think.. Let's wait till Monday..

Originally Posted by LabelKing
Is the back only held on by that single screw?
- No, the single rear screw is for the crown. According to the research, the 4 front screws on the face under the crystal hold the movt in place & the 4 outer screws hold the case together

Just changed to the black alligator strap as I am going out for my b/day drinks tonight & will be wearing black shoes.. I think..

L1010541.jpg

L1010555.jpg

L1010543.jpg

L1010566.jpg

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really debating on geting a longines watch. How is the quality? I would most likely get a conquest or hydro conquest. Also what are the going prices in stores?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
smile.gif

Yep - I'm far entrenched in the dislike camp but they have evidently been highly successful with BR-01 and BR-03. Clearly unique designs but too gimmicky for me.

I do like the simple BR-02 design though. Goes back to the early years of B&R and the traditional Sinn military designs they were remarketing (Space One and Two...)

BR-02-acier-pro-thumb.jpg
BR-02-carbon-pro-thumb.jpg

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
how did EGW change his screenname?

+1.
I did it a long time ago but I completely forgot how.
I'm pretty sure it involves PM'ing a mod. . .

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Yep - I'm far entrenched in the dislike camp but they have evidently been highly successful with BR-01 and BR-03. Clearly unique designs but too gimmicky for me.

I do like the simple BR-02 design though. Goes back to the early years of B&R and the traditional Sinn military designs they were remarketing (Space One and Two...)

BR-02-acier-pro-thumb.jpg
BR-02-carbon-pro-thumb.jpg

oh yeah, those B&R divers are nice, probably my favorite from that company since they stopped getting from Sinn.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this combo?

I'm thinking that it will only look better when the strap gets worn, abused, & spilt on!

Especially in summer.

FYI - the strap is made of a nylon sail-like cloth with a water-proof soft leather backing.

L1010655.jpg

L1010652.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads