• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW08

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you how happy I am that I'm no longer limited to buying all my unlined jackets from Banana Republic.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it breaks your heart, you could always have a tailor put in a lining for you. I wonder if the Woolrich Woolen Mills parka will be lined though, the designs are pretty similar.

_woolrich1.jpg

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
If it breaks your heart, you could always have a tailor put in a lining for you. I wonder if the Woolrich Woolen Mills parka will be lined though, the designs are pretty similar.
_woolrich1.jpg

I already inquired about that, and nobody is wiliing to do it. But wow, where did you find that parka photo and who is going to have it this year? I was hoping they were going to do a non-red plaid version of their mountain/trail parka this year, and that looks like it.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I already inquired about that, and nobody is wiliing to do it. But wow, where did you find that WWM photo and who is going to have it this year? I was hoping they were going to do a non-red plaid version of their parka this year, and that looks like it.
They were sent around a few months ago for a showing they put on, you should be able to find a couple more if you look around online. Bergdorf's is still carrying them, and Sam mentioned that context will be getting it for fall too.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lord, it's hell trying to get through to Bergdorf, but I'll call again. I talked to Sam and I don't think they're getting that one.

Reaction score
They were sent around a few months ago for a showing they put on, you should be able to find a couple more if you look around online. Bergdorf's is still carrying them, and Sam mentioned that context will be getting it for fall too.

Does anyone know if BG has any Woolrich WM marked down?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the wool parka from last year lined?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Wasn't the wool parka from last year lined?
There wasn't a wool parka last year. The ripstop cotton ones were lined in wool through.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opps i meant duffle my mistake.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Opps i meant duffle my mistake.
Yeah, the duffle had a thick thinsulate lining. It made it a very hot coat if you left it on for too long.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slept last year on the duffle, i hope it comes out again this year. Good for the cold Canadian winters.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the duffle had a thick thinsulate lining. It made it a very hot coat if you left it on for too long.
Slept last year on the duffle, i hope it comes out again this year. Good for the cold Canadian winters.
Yeah I slept on that one as well. Saw it in Tokyo, but it was crazy expensive. It would have been perfect. I did get the Thinsulate bedford though, and love it. Anyway they are not bringing back the Thinsulate duffel.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get this jacket? I noticed it at Hejfina, but they are sold out.

egss0821.gif

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WatchGuy
Anyone know where I can get this jacket? I noticed it at Hejfina, but they are sold out.
egss0821.gif

Yeah, you can find it in my closet
laugh.gif
. Besides there you can try giving Odin a call to see if they have any left (that's where I got mine), although pickings will be slim to non-existent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads